What's new

List of "different" and Excellent Monitors (1 Viewer)

Steve_D

Second Unit
I'm looking to integrate my HT into my main living area, and would like a list of attractive and excellent bookshelf sized speakers. They should have a fine quality furniture or art look to them. Right now, lets exclude boxes, and also satellite/separate woofer systems like the Gallo.

Top of the list so far (to give an idea):

B&W 805
Norh Syn Marble mini-9.0

Are there any others that should be considered, in this form and function category?

TIA

Troy R

Stunt Coordinator
The one generation old Dynaudio Contour series may be a "boring" box but they sure are purrty!

My Dynaudio 1.3mkII in Rosewood

Furniture grade wood, and a gorgeous finish, hand made by a master Danish craftsman... They are SOLID! and they sound pretty darn good too! ;)

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Europa's from Green Mountain Audio. While a box, the "cast marble" cabinet has an art deco design.

Have you looked at any Sonus Fabers?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I just heard this weekend the Reference 1 monitors from AV123 and can say for certain that they are outstanding. Very detailed and an excellent sound stage. I don’t own a pair, but if I were looking for a 2-channel system, they would be on my short list.

For HT use, there is also a center channel available. I did not listen with HT in mind, so I’m unable to comment, but based on the Monitors, I would expect very good performance.

As usual with the Mark Schifter’s speakers, these are stunning visually—the craftsmanship is excellent. You can get details
here.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Sonus Faber speakers have a nice look to them.

ProAc does some excellent wood cabinets for their speakers.

Wilson Benesch Arcs maybe

AAD 2001s are pretty cool looking

And I like the look of my JM Reynaud Offrandes, as well as everyone that has seen them. Comments usually go along the lines of "Those look more like a sculpture than speakers." Plus they sound amazing to boot.

How about the Beauhorn B2, not exactly a bookshelf but certainly a piece of art

Or another non bookshelf the Cain and Cain Abby
http://img.audioasylum.com/cgi/i.pl?...yroomstevo.jpg

Steve_D

Second Unit
Great ideas everyone thanks, and particularly for going above and beyond with the in-thread pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks