What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Saw (2004) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
saw.jpg
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Spawning one of the most successful horror franchises in history, James Wan’s directorial debut returns to terrify audiences once again when SAW arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital) May 11 from Lionsgate. Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Kiss the Girls), Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon franchise, Jumanji: The Next Level, The Color Purple), Monica Potter (The Last House on the Left, Along Came a Spider, TV’s “Wisdom of the Crowd”), Leigh Whannell (Insidious franchise, Cooties), and Tobin Bell (Mississippi Burning, The Firm, Manson Family Vacation) star in a film that Jordan Crucchiola (Vulture.com) says “…holds a deserving place in horror-film history.” Experience four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Available for the very first time in this absolutely stunning format, the SAW 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack will include audio commentaries, featurettes, and more, and will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
With its story of a morally obsessed serial killer who forces his victims to play horrific games of torture and survival, SAW shocked audiences, redefined the horror genre, and spawned one of the most successful franchises of all time. Now, experience the unhinged depravity of the Jigsaw Killer in an eye-popping 4K transfer that will chill your blood and disturb your dreams.

4K AND BLU-RAYTM SPECIAL FEATURES

• Game Changer: The Legacy of SAW
  • Audio Commentary by Director James Wan, Writer-Actor Leigh Whannell, and Actor Cary Elwes
  • Audio Commentary by Producers Mark Burg, Gregg Hoffman, and Oren Koules

BLU-RAYTM SPECIAL FEATURES
  • SAW: The Original Short Film
  • Hacking Away at SAW
  • Alternate Storyboard Sequence
  • Theatrical Trailer

CAST
Cary Elwes The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Kiss the Girls
Danny Glover Lethal Weapon franchise, 2012, The Color Purple
Monica Potter The Last House on the Left, Along Came a Spider, TV’s “Wisdom of the Crowd”
Leigh Whannell Insidious franchise, Cooties
Tobin Bell Mississippi Burning, The Firm, Manson Family Vacation

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: Saw © 2004 Saw Productions, Inc. Artwork & Supplementary Materials ®, ™ & © 2021 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Theatrical Release
Rating: Unrated
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
Closed Captioned: NA
Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
Feature Running Time: 103 Minutes
4K Ultra HD™ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition, 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
4K Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos
Blu-ray Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I do like the first film, but I doubt I’ll upgrade to UHD, unless I see it selling for REAL cheap in a store.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’ll upgrade for sure! The first one is legitimately a great little horror/thriller. The sequels have a soapy charm to them too, but I thought the “final” film (part 7) was awful, the soft reboot (part 8) was a welcome trip back down jigsaw lane. I’m hopeful Chris Rock’s new take can be something different and interesting.

I’ll never forget sitting in the theater way back then, when the twist was revealed. One of the most shocking endings ever.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’ll upgrade for sure! The first one is legitimately a great little horror/thriller. The sequels have a soapy charm to them too...
Unfortunately, the endless sequels dragged the original down into the horror movie ghetto in the eyes of many people. Just like Halloween or A Nightmare On Elm Street, the original is an excellent little movie but all of the sequels (some of which I like from all of those series) took some of the originals' luster away.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Unfortunately, the endless sequels dragged the original down into the horror movie ghetto in the eyes of many people. Just like Halloween or A Nightmare On Elm Street, the original is an excellent little movie but all of the sequels (some of which I like from all of those series) took some of the originals' luster away.
Very true. They are typical not-as-good-as-the-first horror franchise type sequels. But I couldn’t help looking forward to the next on every October for years on end. There was amazingly good continuity throughout the films, and it all felt very organic and believable with every new story development and connections they concocted. And I don’t believe they had to replace a single actor; every recurring character (and there were a LOT) were reprised by the same performer. At least, as far as I can remember.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There was amazingly good continuity throughout the films, and it all felt very organic and believable with every new story development and connections they concocted.
Sometimes calling back to two or three films prior. I also loved how they linked them all together with a mostly coherent serialized plot.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Horror films seem to sell well on 4K UHD and Saw has never had a decent transfer on blu-ray. It was one of the very first blu-ray releases, in 2006, and looked terrible, like an upconverted DVD. I only ever bothered to see the first instalment - it has a good script and was original. Another classic horror film from about the same time, that would benefit enormously from a 4K scan and a 4K UHD is The Descent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks