HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

LG unveils OLED TVs with NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming support
2019-OLED-TV-with-NVIDIA-G-SYNC_2-1024x1024.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This is a big deal. I'd wait for CES announcements for 2020 TVs to get HDMI 2.1 but if you already bought an LG OLED you are gonna be happy to have this feature on existing sets!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The feature only matters if you are going to hook up a PC with an NVidia graphics card.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They drop 3D support and then add a "feature" that even less people will ever use. Brilliant.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
My OLED (C8) is unfortunately a year too "old" to support this update, but I do hope adaptive synchronization is widely adopted... or something like it. I am FAR more interested in the proper handling of frame rate and color information than in the mindless push for more pixels. I'm quite frankly tired of so many high-resolution games that chug along at 25-30 fps. They make pretty screenshots, I guess?

This kind of adaptive synchronization does introduce some latency, but my understanding is it's a much smaller latency window than traditional vsync methods. For most games, I'd much rather have a little latency than screen tearing and stuttering.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Not 30 fps. Like I wrote: 25-30 fps. I'm very sensitive to frame rates that move around in that range without sticking the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks