What's new

Legion: Season One (Blu-Ray) (1 Viewer)

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
I live in the UK and it was released on Blu-ray here the other week because it is now in my collection.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that it'll come out closer to the premiere of the second season which is set for February. If that's the case, I would expect an announcement in a month or so.

Also, since this is a Fox release, I don't expect a Blu-ray release but I sure hope I'm wrong.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Fox has released other TV shows in Europe but not the U.S. Once again, I hope I'm wrong and I do think that since it has comic book origins, Legion has a better chance than most Fox shows but Fox is absolutely terrible when it comes to TV on Blu-ray. As far as I know, American Horror Story is the only show that they continue to release and everything else has been abandoned (Fargo, The Simpsons, 24) or finished (Sons Of Anarchy and Prison Break).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Fox has released other TV shows in Europe but not the U.S. Once again, I hope I'm wrong and I do think that since it has comic book origins, Legion has a better chance than most Fox shows but Fox is absolutely terrible when it comes to TV on Blu-ray. As far as I know, American Horror Story is the only show that they continue to release and everything else has been abandoned (Fargo, The Simpsons, 24) or finished (Sons Of Anarchy and Prison Break).

But you can pre-order Legion on blu-ray right now from Amazon. It's been up on their site for 6 months.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
But you can pre-order Legion on blu-ray right now from Amazon. It's been up on their site for 6 months.
Until it's officially announced, Amazon is just making an assumption that there will be one. Amazon had a listing for 24: Legacy on Blu-ray for a while and then pulled it when Fox decided not to release it on Blu-ray. Once again, I do think this has a better shot at coming to Blu-ray than most Fox shows since it's based on a comic book but I won't be surprised if they don't release it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Travis. I would love "Legion" on Blu-Ray but the odds are very much against it. Fox basically only releases "American Horror Story" and "The X Files" on Blu-Ray these days. Its the studio that is by far the most hostile to TV on Blu-Ray.

For what it's worth, even though the packaging for the UK release says it locked to Region B, a number of people on other sites have reported that the discs play fine in their Region A players.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
How can the odds be against it? 1) It's already been released on blu-ray in the UK, 2) those same discs can be sold in the US, and 3) with 1 and 2 in mind, Amazon's listing (and TV Shows on DVD's news item) seem much more likely to be true.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
For what it's worth, even though the packaging for the UK release says it locked to Region B, a number of people on other sites have reported that the discs play fine in their Region A players.

Well I just may order it from the UK then. This practice of making US fans wait is absurd. Marvel does it with all of their TV titles.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
How can the odds be against it? 1) It's already been released on blu-ray in the UK, 2) those same discs can be sold in the US, and 3) with 1 and 2 in mind, Amazon's listing (and TV Shows on DVD's news item) seem much more likely to be true.
I certainly hope you can come into this thread and say "See, you dummy, it is coming out here." :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Except that 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's domestic arm has a weird, philosophical opposition to TV on Blu-Ray, even for shows that would seem to be guaranteed money makers. Taken in isolation, the points you raise would seem to be a slam dunk to release "Legion" Season 1 on Blu-Ray domestically. But that is sharply contradicted by the company's recent past behavior.

I would love for Fox to be like Warner Bros. For whatever reason, they just aren't.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Well I just may order it from the UK then. This practice of making US fans wait is absurd. Marvel does it with all of their TV titles.
But then you have to make the hard choice of watching it dubbed or subbed in American!

I'm just waiting for a proper US release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks