What's new

legal advises help! (1 Viewer)

DeT

Agent
I sent a check to a travel agent to buy couple airline tickets, but now they send me back a letter saying I should try another travel agent and they will return my money soon.

I currently have their bank account number from the check and that letter as a proof they got the money.

In case they refuse to pay me back, what legal procedures should I follow to get my money back ?

thanks

Don Black

Screenwriter
Send a written letter demanding your money back via USPS registered mail w/ return receipt requested. If they don't send you your money in 2 weeks, take them to court.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Start trusting them on their word.

Why? Because someone who writes a letter like that can often be trusted.

It should be there within one or two weeks. If it isn't, call them and ask what's going on. I suppose the letter also has their telephone number and address.
They should be able to send it to you within three days then.

No need to panick before all that, IMO.
(People will tell you disaster stories - but never about all those times when it all went alright.)

Cees

DeT

Agent
bad news, look like they're not going to give me my money back :frowning:

Could someone explain this document I got from some law firm to me this in plain English ? I just got this couple days ago, and I have no clue what it saying. I just want to know how I'm gonna get my money back.

Document

thanks

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure that document means you're S.O.L. for getting your money back. If I were you, I would seek real legal counsel immediately. Asking a home theater group for legal advice is like walking into a public restroom and asking if your penis looks infected.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Someone is in bankruptcy. I can't tell who, because the name is blacked out. A trustee has been appointed. The trustee will gather whatever assets there are and use those assets to pay claims, to the extent possible. Most of the claims probably won't get paid (or won't get paid much).

In this particular paper, the trustee is asking the Bankruptcy Court's permission to sell a piece of property owned by whoever is in bankruptcy. If it's your former travel agent, you'll need to file a proof of claim. Go to the bankruptcy court clerk's office, and ask for a form. Be sure to bring the case number (which is printed on the first page).

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks