What's new

leaving the reciever on? (1 Viewer)

Jon Chang

Auditioning
Is it ok to have the reciever on all the time? I haven't noticed it getting hot or anything, though it gets warm.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
It isn't a problem but it seems you guys have an energy crisis down there, that would be my only concern. I always try to conserve if I can.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
So that is why I had a black-out the other day
wink.gif

I always turn mine off as I may go days w/o using it. Why would you want to keep it on?
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Green Room | Rons DVDs

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
If you decide to leave it on all the time I would dim or turn off the display (if so equipped).

Remember that all electronic equipment has an "average" lifespan- usually expressed as MTBF, or Mean Time Between Failure. By leaving your receiver on, you're essentially coming closer to that "average" mark all of the time.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
I turn my receiver off whenever someone in the place is not using the A/V system (although that would maybe be like 6 hours per day, hehe).
------------------

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Well I think the reason the question was asked by Jon is that it is believed that you get better sound out of your system if left on as it does not sound as good when the equipment is warming up? I believe this was more prevalent with tube equipment and that with solid state it has little to no effect but I am sure that someone will chime in to contradict this. I for one turn my equipment off as one, it wastes electricity which as we all know is getting more and more expensive and is not good for the environment and two my room is hot enough as is without leaving it on all the time.
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com
[Edited last by Mark Knight on July 25, 2001 at 02:05 PM]

Jon Chang

Auditioning
Actually, I was asking because we don't have enough plugs on our powre strip and the ps2 is powerd thru the reciever :) I should probably find a way around it. Thanks for your replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks