What's new

Leaving RPTV on (1 Viewer)

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
Is there any damaging effects on a RPTV if left on with no source displaying.
I have a macro setup in my remote to turn everthing off when I'm done viewing. Sometimes the TV gets left on. I don't know if this has to do with the sensor placement on the TV or what.
Will I hurt my TV if it is not turned off. Everything else in the system is off, so do screen burn-in should be possible.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there's a burn-in problem or such, but overall it's still extra time on the electronics and guns. If it happens once and a while it shouldn't be a problem (and you could take advantage of the extended on-time and do a calibration tune up
wink.gif
). If the set is in an enclosed space without adequate ventilation I would be more concerned.
With that in mind, what combination of TV/remote are you using? If it's a Toshiba with a Pronto shoot me an e-mail and I can send you a copy of my CCF that will eliminate your problem. I got tired of the "discrete power" workaround with my Tosh 50HX70 not working consistently so I ditched the whole idea - now there are prompts during power on and off macros specific to the TV's current state. Not nearly as elegant as true discrete codes (which, I've heard, Toshiba has indicated will be available in the new sets) but still easy to use.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using a RC2000 MK2 and a Toshiba 55HX70. I think it is just a location problem. The TV's sensor is a little further away from my receiver than my old TV.
Thanks

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps one of these solutions for IR distribution might help. SmartHome is not the only vendor for this type of product, but it helps as a reference. I have always had success in dealing with them.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks