What's new

Lcd Hdtv (1 Viewer)

Chris Vineyard

Auditioning
Does anyone know of a true LCD HDTV That is between 42" and 50" and less than 16" deep? I'm in the process of ordering components for a home theater and need to mount my display on top of my fireplace due to room size. Any help would be appriciated.

Chris Vineyard

Auditioning
Sorry, I should have specified that I only have $6,000 to spend. This is my first post, and obviously I'm a rookie HT buyer. What I'm really looking for is any display, LCD or not, that is thinner that 16" and can display images in true HDTV resolution. Does that make any sense? My I.T. guy @ work told me I should be looking @ LCD because plasma is out of my price range. What I'm coming to find is that almost everything is out of my price range. Any more help would be appreciated. I should add that I'm not set on spending the entire 6 grand.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sony LCD HDTV

A bit different and I'm not sure how it it would work above a fireplace, it looks like it meets the rest of the criteria. The 50 inch version in 18in deep.

There's also the front projector solution though I'm not sure that would work well in your room.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
What I told you was that the TV you were looking at was a EDTV, not a HDTV :)

You also told me 4K, not 6K.

For 6K you can get a Plasma in HD, but for the money I still think LCD is the best bet and if the 42 will fit the BB in Brighton has a Sony 42" display model for sale at 2499.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Given your choices I'd consider the 50" Panasonic Plasmas or any of the others for that price range especially considering where you need to mount it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks