What's new

Latest Interesting Rumor: Pink Floyd The Wall SACD (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hi...es/159477.html

Given that its Audio Asylum, we must be very careful. Still, it makes some sense. James Guthrie has said he would like to release more Pink Floyd, he was the engineer on The Wall, and The Wall has a 25th anniversary next year...

What do you think?

I would just love to see this. By the way, I saw the Roger Waters concert on DVD on my brother's new plasma TV and it was quite good. It covered a variety of Pink Floyd and Waters solo tunes plus a decent quality transfer. Recommended. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator
I sincerely HOPE this happens. You just know they'll do something to go along with the 25th anniversery of this classic. However, I won't get too excited until we have more than a post on a message board.

cwhite

Second Unit
Not my favorite PF album but I can assume it will have a killer 5.1 surround mix. I'm waiting for either "Animals" or
"Wish You Were Here" to get the SACD treatment. I do not understand why Sony has released either of these PF albums in SACD upon the format's introduction years ago. I have the SBM gold Sony Mastersound CD of "Wish You Were Here" and even that sounds fantastic as regular RedBook CD audio.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I have the SBM gold Sony Mastersound CD of "Wish You Were Here" and even that sounds fantastic as regular RedBook CD audio.
I have that one too and it is good. :)

I would also like to see Animals and Meddle, but the "suits" are probably thinking The Wall will attract more of an audience.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"The Wall" would be a must-buy on SACD. Also, I know it gets no respect, but I would love to get "The Final Cut" in multi-channel. Listen to that one in headphones - there is some seriously cool stuff going on.

Heck, just do the entire PF catalog. I'll buy 'em all!

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Also, I know it gets no respect, but I would love to get "The Final Cut" in multi-channel. Listen to that one in headphones - there is some seriously cool stuff going on.
I have a pristine copy of that on vinyl that I have not played for over 10 years. Great album, IIRC, but it was really a Waters solo album, IMHO (not that this is a bad thing).

I used to have a cassette with that on one side, and The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking on the other (at least I think thats what it was. Is that the one that is a concept album where the main character calls into a radio show, KAOS????).

Whatever it was, it made for great driving music.

Geesh the memory ain't what it once was, and I never did drugs.

BGL

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
(at least I think thats what it was. Is that the one that is a concept album where the main character calls into a radio show, KAOS????)
Nope- that was "Radio KAOS". That would be an excellent candidate for multi-channel. "Pros and Cons..", about a sequence of disconnected dreams, would also be incredible in MC. Hell, give me "Amused to Death" as well- Jeff Beck in surround... how could you go wrong.

Jimmy

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that clarification Jimmy. I was thinking I had something FUBAR, but was not sure what.

I really need to dig out the vinyl!

BGL

cwhite

Second Unit
Since we got DSOTM released on SACD this year, can "Meddle" be far behind? Just wishful thinking on my part. We also saw the release of the Pink Floyd At Pompeii on DVD, so where is
"Delicate Sound of Thunder" on SACD or DVD for that matter?

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Not to rain on anybody's parade here but according to Cduniverse.com until The Final Cut comes along, all Pink Floyd albums are on the Capitol/EMI label. While I realize EMI has issued some classical sacd's & of course the DSOTM sacd (supposedly with Sony's financial help) they also have put out some classical dvd-audios.

And AFAIK Capitol itself has so far only issued titles on the dvd-audio format.

And EMI's commitment to dvd-audio was made stonger when they made that deal with DTS Entertainment a few months ago, to help them put together a series of dvd-audios featuring premium artists & albums.

If I'm not mistaken, Pink Floyd has also worked with film & I would love to see their visual efforts as bonus material on a dvd-audio disc.

LJ

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
LanceJ,

I will look very much forward to any Pink Floyd on DVD Audio! :D

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The threads title sent my heart racing!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Until I saw the date :angry: !

At least we have DSOTM.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
well hopefully we'll get all of Pink Floyd on Blu Ray before we die

apologies for the false start!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks