What's new

Latest adventure at Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
It's bad enough the SACDs are hidden in the back. But on my last trip in after I check the SACD section I then proceed to the DVDAs. What's so special you may wonder? They have mixed SACDs in with the DVDAs. So now I have to go to the back of the store, the regular CD area, and then to the DVDA area to look for SACDs. At least I found one of the Diana Krall discs, in the DVDA section

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
In our local stores, the discs are in the racks with redbooks and in the multi-channel audio section in audio equipment.

I don't care though as the prices are good and the title selection is improving...

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Maybe my local stores will get the same idea. DVDA and DTS discs are all together in one spot; but SACD disc are all over the store.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
At my local BB the DVDA's and DTS discs are all together near the DVD's.

The SACD's are still way in the back near the A/V Recievers just west of the TV's. The shelf is ready to fall down and the Sony kiosk has been dismantled.

CC has them better displayed at this point.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bobby, one of the Best Buy stores in my area has the Universal SACDs in the DVD-Audio section. I always hit the DVD-Audio section on my way to the SACD section at the back of the store, so I found the Universal SACDs right away. It's silly, but it doesn't bother me. At least Best Buy has them, and at great prices.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Bobby, I picked up the Diana Krall When I look in your eyes SACD at Best Buy the other day for a mere $14.99. No complaints here. :) A chain of record stores in New Jersey has Universal SACDs even cheaper. I picked up the Getz/Gilberto and Coltrane A Love Supreme SACDs there for just $11.99 each. :D

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
question - i have a $2 off any DVD coupon. will best buy consider these discs a DVD or a CD? i don't think they know what they are!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, you can always just give it a shot. Say that it was in the DVD section and see what happens.
While it's inconvenient to have to run all over the store to check out SACDs, it does give one a slight sense of superiority that we know about this new technology and others don't. And isn't that what this hobby is really all about, folks? ;)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I found Diana Krall The Look Of Love at the other local Best Buy in the CD section. Oh well, like you guys said, the price makes it more than worth it to do a quick lap around the store. I need the exercise anyway.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I found the Elvis "Elv1s" dvd-audio stocked with the CD version. It is in a regular-sized jewel case, and the cover is black instead of the CD's gold color. And it very clearly says "5.1 DVD-AUDIO" on the front. Oh yea: it was 24 bucks!!! Why???
My gift certificate didn't go that high:frowning: so I bought "Mezzazine" from Massive Attack. I've only listened to four songs so far, but wow, what neat stuff. It definitely ain't party music, but really takes you to a different place! At cduniverse.com: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=133939329
LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks