What's new

Last Montreal Expos hot dog (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Granted, there's no way anyone can prove it's the very last hot dog sold ever sold. But there is a very good chance it was purchased during the last home game. Just look up "Expos hot dog" on ebay.

Although the money is suppose to go to charity and you'll get a tax receipt if you win, why would anyone pay over $1,000 for an old hot dog? :)

UPDATE: It's legit! Here's the radio station that posted the auction (in French Canadian). http://www.radioenergie.com/emission...in/default.asp

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
You better believe it's a rare item...since they infact ran OUT of Hot Dogs during that last game! Olympic Stadium was indeed a stadium no longed with the facilities to handle 30,000 fans.

All I have for a sovenier is a ticket and a video my friend made.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait to see this thing show up on Antiques Roadshow. Hopefully, there's proof that goes with it.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Didn't they move the Allouettes to a new stadium a little while ago? Does this mean that there's nothing in Olympic stadium on a regular basis? Maybe they'll tear it down (unless it collapses first).

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'm glad I was able to go to a game while I was in Montreal on vacation a couple days this August. While the concourses in the outfield were silent as tombs, the game itself was one of the most enjoyable ones I've attended in some time. (I went to the August 23 game against the Dodgers, FWIW.) The 9000 or so fans were into it and made a lot of noise. It's really too bad that the fans there are getting the screw job in this, but the owner and MLB have been trying to kill this team for years.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

Either way, it'd be a blessing. :)

The only big events that are left are the monster truck rallies, the motocross events and the Black & Blue festival. And ever since the Alouettes moved out of the place, they've been packing Molson Stadium just about every single game.

The "Big Owe" has outlived its usefulness.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
The description of the staduim I always heard when the Giants played there was if candlestick had a dome.....that's too bad.
At least San Francisco saved the Giants from going to Tampa and built a new staduim and now it's always packed.
At least you still have hockey.....on 2nd thought nobody has one of those at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks