What's new

"Land of the Giants" recession edition (1 Viewer)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
With the economy going down ever future will FOX ever release a bare bones edition of the very expensive "Land of the Giants" TV series? I've been holding off on this one and likely to pass altogether now - unless a bare bones edition is issued in smaller and easier to store packaging.

they can even use this tag:
BRING HOME THE LITTLE PEOPLE - FOR A LITTLE PRICE!

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
You realize you just missed getting it from Amazon for $86 (the complete set) this past 2/12 as the deal of the day. I'm not sure how much cheaper it will ever get.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
A complete set like that with all those extras--I bought it for $99 about a year ago and felt like I got my money's worth.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Too bad! that's a great price (Even with the large packaging) How often does it go on sale at Amazon?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I bought mine during a Sept 2007 "Deal Of The Day".

You can sign up at amazon.com to be notified daily by e-mail of their "Deal Of The Day" sale.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Given that the whole run fits in four slipcases, I can't help but imagine Fox will repackage it someday and cut the price in half.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm betting it will happen following the final releases of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. Once those are out of the way, I'd start to look for the repackaging of all of the Irwin Allen series in one way or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if LOST IN SPACE was all re-packaged in a mega-full-series set, using the existing crappy discs, just to get rid of them. Then down the road, look for that series to be remastered, possibly being the first to go blue-ray.

I also got my LAND OF THE GIANTS set during Amazon's $99 sale. Well-worth it!

Harry

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Since the price dropped to $115 recently at Amazon, I ordered this set which I have desired for a very long time. It arrived fine, but on Disc #1 in the episode entitled "The Crash" at time interval 48:53, the screen pixelates and the disc freezes and stops playing altogether. I returned it promptly and when my replacement arrived, the same defect was present. When I requested yet another replacement, Amazon's response was "I'm sorry to hear the replacement item had the same problem as your first order. This usually doesn't happen. Since it's likely another replacement would arrive defective, I won't trouble you with another order. Please return the item for a full refund. We do need you to return the entire set. We'll pay for the return shipping costs."

While I appreciate a full refund, I really would like to purchase this set. Is anybody else experiencing the same defect as described above?

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
I bought my set from Amazon a couple of years ago, and after hearing of other buyers having problems with the discs, decided to watch the whole set quickly. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems at all.

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
I got a new sealed set on Ebay for 86 bucks earlier this year....no playback issues. Try the problem DVD in a different player or on your computer

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I tried it in 2 different players (Sony and Panasonic) and my computer (Dell) and had the same issue each time : - (

I am going to submit a new order for it tomorrow from Amazon and hope that it comes from a different inventory/stock than the first two sets I received.

Darby

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
I just went and tried my copy again. It plays fine...no glitches. You do realize that THE CRASH is on there again as a bonus on the last disc (the unaired version)? I assume you've also tried cleaning the disc with a good disc wipe?

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I tried everything with it and still the same problem. Thanks for all the advice/input folks! It is deeply appreciated.

Hopefully the third order will be the charm....

Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks