What's new

LA area - where are the (good) furniture stores? (1 Viewer)

Chris Derby

Second Unit
I pretty much know what I want, but I'm having a problem finding pieces that aren't overpriced.
I'm looking for some barstools like this.
I'm also looking for some livingroom furniture, probably a sofa and a chair. I prefer leather; black or dark/chocolate brown. Something with wide, square arms, possibly with contrasting stitching. Similar to this but possibly more square.
I've found exactly what I want at Plummers, but they've discontinued the color that I want.
Is there a wholesale discount furniture district like the furniture and toy district?
Thanks!

Pamela

Supporting Actor
There is a stretch of Western which is filled with Korean-owned furniture stores. It starts around Melrose and goes up. I think I've been in every one of them! They have a wide variety of furniture styles and you can usually talk them down. There are a lot of furniture stores in the La Brea area, also, but they are more expensive.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
yeah, I was over there today. I saw a few things that interested me, but not exactly what i was looking for.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I always go to the places on LaBrea, and there is also a stretch of "furniture warehouse" type places down on venice near national.

-V

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
You might try the Southbay; areas like Hawthorne, Torrance, Del Amo, etc. There's also the Wilshire District, maybe Los Feliz & Silverlake, and I hate to say it...DOWNTOWN!
Take a gun with you. jk :D
(no seriously take a gun with you)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
You might want to check out Z Gallery. There is one in Old Pasadena and one on Third Street Promenade (they're all over). They have really nice furniture. I love that store!

Cloud4

Auditioning
Real Name
Ricardo Lazaro
Go to Alan Desk in Culver City
They represent a lot of manufacturers and plus they do custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks