LA area - where are the (good) furniture stores?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chris Derby, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

I pretty much know what I want, but I'm having a problem finding pieces that aren't overpriced.
    I'm looking for some barstools like this.
    I'm also looking for some livingroom furniture, probably a sofa and a chair. I prefer leather; black or dark/chocolate brown. Something with wide, square arms, possibly with contrasting stitching. Similar to this but possibly more square.
    I've found exactly what I want at Plummers, but they've discontinued the color that I want.
    Is there a wholesale discount furniture district like the furniture and toy district?
    Thanks!

2. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

There is a stretch of Western which is filled with Korean-owned furniture stores. It starts around Melrose and goes up. I think I've been in every one of them! They have a wide variety of furniture styles and you can usually talk them down. There are a lot of furniture stores in the La Brea area, also, but they are more expensive.

3. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

yeah, I was over there today. I saw a few things that interested me, but not exactly what i was looking for.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I always go to the places on LaBrea, and there is also a stretch of "furniture warehouse" type places down on venice near national.

-V

5. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

You might try the Southbay; areas like Hawthorne, Torrance, Del Amo, etc. There's also the Wilshire District, maybe Los Feliz & Silverlake, and I hate to say it...DOWNTOWN!
    Take a gun with you. jk [​IMG]
    (no seriously take a gun with you)

6. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

You might want to check out Z Gallery. There is one in Old Pasadena and one on Third Street Promenade (they're all over). They have really nice furniture. I love that store!

7. Guest

8. Cloud4

Cloud4 Auditioning

Go to Alan Desk in Culver City
    They represent a lot of manufacturers and plus they do custom.