KotH Season 2 Still Coming?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jaime_Weinman, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

It's probably a bit early to ask this, but has anyone heard whether Fox still intends to release the second season of King of the Hill? I've harped on this before, but I'm just worried that Fox might be disappointed with the sales of season 1 (I don't know how well it's selling exactly, but it certainly isn't doing Simpsons or Family Guy business), and after the Mary Tyler Moore Show fiasco I'm a little gun-shy. (I mean, I have no doubt that the season 2 extras have already been produced, but I've also heard that the season 2 extras for MTM were produced in anticipation of that March 2003 release date... and we know what happened to that announcement.)

2. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

AFAIK, season 2 of "King of the Hill" is still set for release on Nov. 11.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

At this time I see no reason why it wouldn't come. The 11/11/03 date which Amazon popularized without Fox's authorization may or may not be correct. So don't put faith in that exact date. But I have faith it will indeed hit stores. S1 seems to be selling well enough from what I hear. Anyone hear any different?

4. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

They better put em out...this show is genius!

5. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

I have no doubt Fox will not bail on this series, especially with Mike Judge behind it. Although it doesn't seem to be doing especially well Online, I think the mass DVD buyer base is at B&M stores and it was flying off the local Walmart and Best Buy shelves.

6. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

What Joshua said. Oh yes.

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yeah, it doesn't appeal nearly as much to the online-type customer as it does your B&M shopper

I'm sure Megalo....Wal Mart can't keep it in stock [​IMG]

8. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

KoTH has a loyal fan base obviously and will sell enough to keep the season sets coming. I was worried about it as well, but seeing as Fox put more effort into the set than they did with Family Guy, I don't think we have to worry too much.