What's new

Kong: Skull Island - In 3D? (1 Viewer)

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
As others here I have the LG OLED 65E6 which has passive 3D. Full 1080 p. No batteries. If you had this set you would be loving 3D again, trust me. It's perfect.

Well to bad you can't get one in the 85" range or 3D. So while I think OLED is cool I think other techs will catch up for cheaper and the size I want. However, that will not solve the fact that 3D is dead on new TVs.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And for the record I thought the 3D was ok in Kong Skull Island..just like the film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree completely. 3D on my plasma (active glasses) was very good, but it simply can't compare to the passive experience on OLED with much better depth, separation, and clarity. It's certainly made me go back and rewatch a great chunk of my 3D collection.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree completely. 3D on my plasma (active glasses) was very good, but it simply can't compare to the passive experience on OLED with much better depth, separation, and clarity. It's certainly made me go back and rewatch a great chunk of my 3D collection.
Same here!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The 3D on my previous Sony was so bad its as though I'm watching these films again in 3D for the first time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm gonna be skeptical that it includes 3D until it's actually out. I say this because Best Buy has had phantom listings like this that turned out to be incomplete or incorrect, regarding 3D/4K combos this year. Earlier in the year, the Best Buy website suggested that their exclusive steelbook of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter would be a 4K/3D combo. It stayed listed that way right until the release date, long after Sony had made it clear that a 3D disc for that title would not be released in any configuration in the U.S.

My suspicions is that Best Buy does have an exclusive steelbook for this title with the 4K disc, but that it will not include a 3D one. I wouldn't mind be surprised, but considering they've made these mistakes before this year, let the buyer beware.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We streamed this last night (me and my 9 year old) and he loved it, I thought it wasn't as bad as some folks here claimed. Oh sure, it had some real over the top stuff and several rolling eyes moments (hello machete wielding guy in gas mask. LOL) but overall this was a very typical popcorn flick that pretty much did it's job well. Not Shakespeare by any means, but still decent. I'd never buy it, nor re-watch it again so streaming it worked well for us.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Can't wait to get the Jackson 2005 Kong in 4K. Imo, a million times better than Kong Skull Island (which I'm buying too..the BB combo pack).

Hope I enjoy KSI better on my second viewing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Best Buy 4K/3D/Blu/Digital Copy is down to $34.99.

That's a great deal.

Out on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks