What's new
World Wide Stereo

KLH Sub (1 Viewer)

I have a ASW10-100C 100watt sub, for the most part it does fine. On the amp it has two settings, Freq. and you can set it 40Hz-180Hz, and Gain and you can set it at Min-Max.

What i want to know is what to set them at to the most from the sub.

Thanks for the help.

Lyle

728x90

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Usually, it's best to let your receiver handle the crossover point. The setting is applied assuming:

1) Your receiver has an adjustable crossover frequency.
2) The frequency response of your speakers (not the subwoofer)

With that being said, 80 Hz is a setting that *most* people desire. All frequencies below 80 Hz are sent to your subwoofer, and frequencies above 80 Hz are sent to your other speakers.

With the crossover being set at the receiver level, the "frequency" button on your subwoofer should be set to the highest level (e.g. 180 Hz). As far as the level setting goes on the subwoofer, you could set it to the 1/2 way point and make adjustments from there. Your receiver should allow you to adjust the low frequency levels and you may not need to adjust the level on the back of your subwoofer.

It's preferred that you utilize some form setup disk for configuring your system along with an SPL meter -- to get the settings to a more appropriate level.

Best of luck!

Well on my receiver there is no freq. setting, but there is Bass, Treble, Level. And the bass is in -10 to +10?
And same goes for treble and levels. So where exactly do i adjust that?

Lyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks