What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (11 Viewers)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I may have missed, or forgotten, the Aspect Ratio information on the release of There's Always Tomorrow. The DVD release was in the wrong AR. Will the BD be in the correct widescreen aspect ratio, as was the European DVD release?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I must have missed any previous announcement on All I Desire and There's Always Tomorrow! While I'm definitely upgrading to blu rays on those two, I'm keeping the R2 Eureka TAT DVD for the hour long Douglas Sirk documentary and the 40 page booklet accompanying the disc.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I can wait Carole Lombard another film 1933 film. I thought did you say Kino Lorber Have one horror 1930s The Secret of blue room Or The Mystery of Edwin Drood Between They Say Awhile Back and Maybe Will Happen?

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Question: Has anyone at Kino Lorber considered releasing the 1956 comedy The Green Man? This is my favorite comedy of all-time. It's perfect. Screenplay by Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat. I would love to see a proper blu-ray release with audio commentary and special features, similar to what Kino Lorber did with their release last year of the Alec Guinness film The Man in the White Suit.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 18th!

Wake Island (1942)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 88 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
They fought their way to glory!
From John Farrow, the acclaimed director of Five Came Back, Calcutta, The Big Clock, Night Has a Thousand Eyes and Plunder of the Sun, comes this thrilling World War II classic starring Brian Donlevy (The Great McGinty), Robert Preston (Beau Geste), Macdonald Carey (Shadow of a Doubt), Albert Dekker (Dr. Cyclops) and William Bendix (Lifeboat). The first realistic American film made about World War II, this hard-hitting drama is based on the incredible true story of a handful of U.S. Marines holding out against an overwhelming Japanese air, land and sea assault and battling their way to glory and into the pages of history. Wake Island received Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Director, Supporting Actor (Bendix) and Original Screenplay (W. R. Burnett, Frank Butler).

Red Ball Express (1952)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 83 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Budd Boetticher, the legendary director of Bullfighter and the Lady, Horizons West, The Killer Is Loose, 7 Men from Now and Comanche Station, comes this action-packed World War II classic starring Jeff Chandler (Man in the Shadow), Alex Nicol (The Sleeping City), Charles Drake (No Name on the Bullet) and screen great Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field). During the height of the war, General Patton’s Third Army is in desperate need of supplies after a successful invasion of Paris. An elite military truck force is established to deliver goods to the soldiers. Members of this platoon must not only withstand minefields and Nazi resistance, they must also learn to overcome their personal and racial prejudices towards one another. Red Ball Express is a gripping, powerful action-thriller based on true events. Hugh O’Brian (Ambush Bay) and Jack Kelly (Young Billy Young) lead the strong supporting cast.

Raid on Rommel (1971)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 99 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
From Henry Hathaway, the outstanding director of The Shepherd of the Hills, The House on 92nd Street, Kiss of Death, Rawhide, 23 Paces to Baker Street and True Grit, comes this explosive WWII action-adventure starring screen legend Richard Burton (Where Eagles Dare) as a British intelligence officer who leads a daring attack on the German shore defenses at Tobruk. Infiltrating a German POW convoy, Captain Foster (Burton) learns that the commandos he hoped to link up with have been almost completely wiped out and the prisoners belong to a British medical unit. Aided by MacKenzie (John Colicos, Phobia), one of the surviving commandos, Foster whips the ragtag band of POWs into a fighting force—only to stumble into an unexpected meeting with the infamous Desert Fox, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel (Wolfgang Preiss, The Train). Co-starring Karl-Otto Alberty (Kelly's Heroes).

War Films.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I must have missed any previous announcement on All I Desire and There's Always Tomorrow! While I'm definitely upgrading to blu rays on those two, I'm keeping the R2 Eureka TAT DVD for the hour long Douglas Sirk documentary and the 40 page booklet accompanying the disc.

And you didn't miss anything either. These were just confirmed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Coming August 18th!

Wake Island (1942)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 88 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
They fought their way to glory!
From John Farrow, the acclaimed director of Five Came Back, Calcutta, The Big Clock, Night Has a Thousand Eyes and Plunder of the Sun, comes this thrilling World War II classic starring Brian Donlevy (The Great McGinty), Robert Preston (Beau Geste), Macdonald Carey (Shadow of a Doubt), Albert Dekker (Dr. Cyclops) and William Bendix (Lifeboat). The first realistic American film made about World War II, this hard-hitting drama is based on the incredible true story of a handful of U.S. Marines holding out against an overwhelming Japanese air, land and sea assault and battling their way to glory and into the pages of history. Wake Island received Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Director, Supporting Actor (Bendix) and Original Screenplay (W. R. Burnett, Frank Butler).

Red Ball Express (1952)
• Trailers
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

B&W 83 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Budd Boetticher, the legendary director of Bullfighter and the Lady, Horizons West, The Killer Is Loose, 7 Men from Now and Comanche Station, comes this action-packed World War II classic starring Jeff Chandler (Man in the Shadow), Alex Nicol (The Sleeping City), Charles Drake (No Name on the Bullet) and screen great Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field). During the height of the war, General Patton’s Third Army is in desperate need of supplies after a successful invasion of Paris. An elite military truck force is established to deliver goods to the soldiers. Members of this platoon must not only withstand minefields and Nazi resistance, they must also learn to overcome their personal and racial prejudices towards one another. Red Ball Express is a gripping, powerful action-thriller based on true events. Hugh O’Brian (Ambush Bay) and Jack Kelly (Young Billy Young) lead the strong supporting cast.

Raid on Rommel (1971)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 99 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
From Henry Hathaway, the outstanding director of The Shepherd of the Hills, The House on 92nd Street, Kiss of Death, Rawhide, 23 Paces to Baker Street and True Grit, comes this explosive WWII action-adventure starring screen legend Richard Burton (Where Eagles Dare) as a British intelligence officer who leads a daring attack on the German shore defenses at Tobruk. Infiltrating a German POW convoy, Captain Foster (Burton) learns that the commandos he hoped to link up with have been almost completely wiped out and the prisoners belong to a British medical unit. Aided by MacKenzie (John Colicos, Phobia), one of the surviving commandos, Foster whips the ragtag band of POWs into a fighting force—only to stumble into an unexpected meeting with the infamous Desert Fox, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel (Wolfgang Preiss, The Train). Co-starring Karl-Otto Alberty (Kelly's Heroes).

View attachment 73329
Kino, you're making me a very happy man. Great job! By the way, I love those audio commentaries by Mitchell and Rubin.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I may have missed, or forgotten, the Aspect Ratio information on the release of There's Always Tomorrow. The DVD release was in the wrong AR. Will the BD be in the correct widescreen aspect ratio, as was the European DVD release?

It's 1.85 ratio.

Our release will be 1.85:1

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Question: Has anyone at Kino Lorber considered releasing the 1956 comedy The Green Man? This is my favorite comedy of all-time. It's perfect. Screenplay by Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat. I would love to see a proper blu-ray release with audio commentary and special features, similar to what Kino Lorber did with their release last year of the Alec Guinness film The Man in the White Suit.

No.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
QUestion: WHen COnsidered come out HOrror 1930s THe Secret of the BLue Room Gloria Stuart and The Mystery Of Edwin Drood Kino LOrber anything confirm yet?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It's just been released on Blu-ray in the U. K.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I'm really surprised that they didn't take the Doug Sirk / Barbara Stanwyck pictures and roll them in with something else and make a second volume of Barbara Stanwyck collection

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Thank you for the quick answer. I’ve looked up the Studio Canal blu-Ray since my initial question, and I may have to get a region-free blu-Ray player to enjoy that one.
It's just been released on Blu-ray in the U. K.
Thank you. The only problem is that it is region B and it doesn’t have an audio commentary. But otherwise it sounds great.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm really surprised that they didn't take the Doug Sirk / Barbara Stanwyck pictures and roll them in with something else and make a second volume of Barbara Stanwyck collection

Or a Douglas Sirk box set along with Written On The Wind, A Time To Love And A Time To Die, Interlude and Battle Hymn, none of which have received a R1 blu ray release.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thank you for the quick answer. I’ve looked up the Studio Canal blu-Ray since my initial question, and I may have to get a region-free blu-Ray player to enjoy that one.

Thank you. The only problem is that it is region B and it doesn’t have an audio commentary. But otherwise it sounds great.

You will never regret the decision to to go Region free. It’s like a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks