What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (8 Viewers)

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Very excited about Cat and the Canary. Day one buy for me. Maybe there is hope for Ghost Breakers . No pun intended. Actually any new Bob Hope films to Blu ray will do . :)

Actually, Ghost Breakers had already been confirmed from the first deal, and they have been working on a new transfer, with hopes to release that sometime this summer, the last I saw. The question now remains, what are the other Bob Hope films being included in the new deal (besides the already announced Paleface)?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Actually, Ghost Breakers had already been confirmed from the first deal, and they have been working on a new transfer, with hopes to release that sometime this summer, the last I saw. The question now remains, what are the other Bob Hope films being included in the new deal (besides the already announced Paleface)?

I'd love to see SORROWFUL JONES (1949).

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I'd love to see SORROWFUL JONES (1949).

Personally, I'm still suspicious, given the info of one W.C Fields film, as well as the film's overall importance to Bob Hope, that The Big Broadcast Of 1938 is likely to be one. I'd almost like to hope for Caught In The Draft as well as that would give us two more of the films he co-starred in with Dorothy Lamour (since I do think she was his most frequent co-star on the big screen).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Let's Kill Uncle" starring Mary Badham. She was Scout in "To Kill A Mockingbird".
A lot of people never realize that her older brother is director John Badham. He directed the following movies:

Blue Thunder
Wargames
Saturday Night Fever
Stakeout
Nick of Time
The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings
Point of No Return

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Personally, I'm still suspicious, given the info of one W.C Fields film, as well as the film's overall importance to Bob Hope, that The Big Broadcast Of 1938 is likely to be one. I'd almost like to hope for Caught In The Draft as well as that would give us two more of the films he co-starred in with Dorothy Lamour (since I do think she was his most frequent co-star on the big screen).
A good title. There's also My Favorite Blonde, Nothing But The Truth, Monsieur Beaucaire and at least a couple other worthy titles, but we probably won't get them all on Blu ray, so we might have to be happy with the ones we will get.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Personally, I'm still suspicious, given the info of one W.C Fields film, as well as the film's overall importance to Bob Hope, that The Big Broadcast Of 1938 is likely to be one.

well in a perfect world, if it was announced, it would be a BIG announcement, how big you ask; Kino knocked it out of the park and released all of the Crosby/ Hope Road pictures, so can you imagine all 4 Big Broadcast titles 32, 36, 37 and 38. Lots of stars, lots of music and lots of laughs. No speculation, just wishful thinking, after all the announcements in the past two weeks and i am drooling at the thought of so many classics. Every classic film lover is probably thinking that anything is possible; But with 21 titles in the 2nd Universal deal, we may have exhausted the chance with all of the great titles already announced.

Seriously

Universal 2 by Decade so far (includes TV movies and series):

1910s - 4
1920s - 8
1930s - 21
1940s - 27
1950s - 30
1960s - 21
1970s - 28
1980s - 21
1990s - 11
2000s - 7

now i am even more curious about 2 specific decades as pertaining to the Universal deal 1910's and 1920'
which 2 of have been announced

Straight Shooting (1917)
The Shakedown (1929)

you make the silent film lovers happy with these!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Speaking of Dorothy Lamour, I hope we get a sarong picture or two... or three... ;)

Gary "I know it's not gonna happen, but I can't help myself" O.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
well in a perfect world, if it was announced, it would be a BIG announcement, how big you ask; Kino knocked it out of the park and released all of the Crosby/ Hope Road pictures, so can you imagine all 4 Big Broadcast titles 32, 36, 37 and 38. Lots of stars, lots of music and lots of laughs. No speculation, just wishful thinking, after all the announcements in the past two weeks and i am drooling at the thought of so many classics. Every classic film lover is probably thinking that anything is possible; But with 21 titles in the 2nd Universal deal, we may have exhausted the chance with all of the great titles already announced.

Seriously

1910s - 4
1920s - 8
1930s - 21
1940s - 27
1950s - 30
1960s - 21
1970s - 28
1980s - 21
1990s - 11
2000s - 7

now i am even more curious about 2 specific decades as pertaining to the Universal deal 1910's and 1920'

Straight Shooting (1917)
The Shakedown (1929)

I agree, it would be nice to see all four Big Broadcast movies released on Blu-ray (in a perfect world). However, unless I have missed something, only the 38 film has a chance, as the Insider has so far stated all the 30s films in their new deal were available previously on DVD (and I don't see anything available on DVD for the earlier three).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I agree, it would be nice to see all four Big Broadcast movies released on Blu-ray (in a perfect world). However, unless I have missed something, only the 38 film has a chance, as the Insider has so far stated all the 30s films in their new deal were available previously on DVD (and I don't see anything available on DVD for the earlier three).

that's exact;y why i stated in a perfect world, i think the insider on this post along with the many other posting, see the continual wish list, and didn't want to create that aspect in these announcements. I don't even know what the conditions are for the elements of all 4 titles. But he has been consistent that if the titles were not in a presentable condition, that Kino would pass and i respect that instead of releasing a shoddy product.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren

Seriously

1910s - 4
1920s - 8
1930s - 21
1940s - 27
1950s - 30
1960s - 21
1970s - 28
1980s - 21
1990s - 11
2000s - 7

Straight Shooting (1917)
The Shakedown (1929)

There is only two films from the 1910s I’d care to have, except they are both LOST. :(

but I am very curious to know which titles KINO is releasing. I may just pick them up.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills (1989) Theatrical Trailer

Starring Jacqueline Bisset, Ray Sharkey, Mary Woronov, Robert Beltran, Ed Begley Jr., Wallace Shawn, Paul Bartel, Paul Mazursky, Rebecca Schaeffer & Michael Feinstein - Directed by Paul Bartel (Eating Raoul)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills (1989) Theatrical Trailer

Starring Jacqueline Bisset, Ray Sharkey, Mary Woronov, Robert Beltran, Ed Begley Jr., Wallace Shawn, Paul Bartel, Paul Mazursky, Rebecca Schaeffer & Michael Feinstein - Directed by Paul Bartel (Eating Raoul)

I revile this awful film. Hard to believe it comes from the same Paul Bartel who directed and starred in EATING RAOUL. Sorry. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks