What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (11 Viewers)

Marc Hampton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Shakedown (1929) Starring James Murray, Barbara Kent, George Kotsonaros, Wheeler Oakman & Harry Gribbon - Directed by William Wyler.

James Murray! He broke my heart in THE CROWD (where the heck is that movie anyway?)...what a great performance.

Four years later he was the sleazy (still incredibly handsome) brakeman in the box car in a short restored scene in BABY FACE.

His life had a very sad end. Found dead in the East River a few years later. sigh.

Anyway....Im very excited to see this is coming soon...have never seen it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
LORENZO’s OIL announced on FACEBOOK.
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Lorenzo's Oil (1992) Starring Nick Nolte, Susan Sarandon & Peter Ustinov - Shot by John Seale (Witness) - Co-Written, Produced & Directed by George Miller (Mad Max, The Road Warrior, The Witches of Eastwick, Babe: Pig in the City, Mad Max: Fury Road).

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

The Shakedown (1929) Starring James Murray, Barbara Kent, George Kotsonaros, Wheeler Oakman & Harry Gribbon - Directed by William Wyler.

No info on who did the score yet, but Donald Sosin did a sensational one when it premiered at Pordenone back around 2000, and I hope they use him.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Double WOW! Some fantastic titles are coming that just blow me away; The Golem, The Loves of Jeanne Ney, Tartuffe, The Shakedown and Straight Shooting. Classic film fans are in for some real treats. Thank you again, Kino. You are the greatest!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Cat and the Canary (1939) Starring Bob Hope & Paulette Goddard - Shot by Charles Lang (The Ghost Breakers) - Directed by Elliott Nugent (My Favorite Brunette).

Cat and the Canary.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

The Cat and the Canary (1939) Starring Bob Hope & Paulette Goddard - Shot by Charles Lang (The Ghost Breakers) - Directed by Elliott Nugent (My Favorite Brunette).

View attachment 68718
I know we can only like. Select like on this but this one really should just get a love. !

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Lorenzo's Oil (1992) Starring Nick Nolte, Susan Sarandon & Peter Ustinov - Shot by John Seale (Witness) - Co-Written, Produced & Directed by George Miller (Mad Max, The Road Warrior, The Witches of Eastwick, Babe: Pig in the City, Mad Max: Fury Road).

I saw this on Facebook earlier, kind of surprised to see this title coming from Kino and not Shout Factory as this easily would be a Select title. Since Kino is getting a lot of Universal's back catalog also, could this mean that for a future release of all the Airport films it might end up coming from this company and not Shout?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really hope the silent Cat and the Canary will also come out from KL studio classics..Is this possible KL ?? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks