What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (30 Viewers)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It's not cheap, but Columbo is available on blu-ray in Japan, which has the same region coding as North America.
Yes. I bought it a few years ago. Looks great. Only problem is the menus are in Japanese but can still be navigated.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 7th on Blu-ray!
From the Legendary Director of of Wings, The Public Enemy, Nothing Sacred, The Ox-Bow Incident, Yellow Sky and The High and the Mighty!

Beau Geste (1939)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by William Wellman Jr. and Historian Frank Thompson
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer

738329244828.jpg

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It's not cheap, but Columbo is available on blu-ray in Japan, which has the same region coding as North America.

I'm thinking more of how Columbo is a show that deserves to have some bonus content (commentaries etc.). The tragedy is that Universal wasted the chance to do that when William Link and Peter Falk were still alive.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
The way the Insider has been talking, for those trying to figure out the TV show, don't go hoping for any long-running shows. The Insider made it sound like Kino is doing the work on it, which would imply, at this point, shows with shorter runs (so the likes of Murder She Wrote and Columbo seem highly unlikely).
Perhaps unlikely, but is one of the short running shows maybe Tammy?

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I'm hoping for Erich von Stroheim's The Wedding March (Paramount 1928) which hasn't been released on any format since VHS. But of course I'd welcome any Fay Wray films. She didn't work for Universal very often, but a lot of her Paramount films still exist.

I feel like the Universal TV series will be Kolchak. That would be sweet.

Also, thank you Kino for Supernatural!

Is Homebodies still on track for "early 2020" release?

"The Wedding March" is still with Paramount. Supposedly, Criterion has licensed the film, but that rumor goes back to 2007 at least. The Park Circus catalog shows that a DCP is available from Paramount so I'm not sure what the hold-up is. There are multiple recorded scores already available and the excuse that the elements are in poor condition doesn't hold water (for me at least) given that Criterion did release "Lonesome" in spite of the source material's flaws. When Kino had a deal with Paramount, the insider did say that they asked for the film but that it wasn't available since it had already been licensed.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
"The Wedding March" is still with Paramount. Supposedly, Criterion has licensed the film, but that rumor goes back to 2007 at least. The Park Circus catalog shows that a DCP is available from Paramount so I'm not sure what the hold-up is. There are multiple recorded scores already available and the excuse that the elements are in poor condition doesn't hold water (for me at least) given that Criterion did release "Lonesome" in spite of the source material's flaws. When Kino had a deal with Paramount, the insider did say that they asked for the film but that it wasn't available since it had already been licensed.

Yes, it's still with Paramount and I've also heard the same rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks