What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (17 Viewers)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Glad to see so many others that want to see more Roy Rogers on blu. A truly wonderful series of westerns from the King of the Cowboys.

Gary “I thought for sure Kino would give us Trail of Robin Hood when they had the deal releasing Republic films - I believe that one was cleaned up and ready to go” O.
Turner Classic Movies aired TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD last December and it looked gorgeous. I still have it saved on my DVR. I'm hoping it will turn up sometime on iTunes and/or Amazon Prime. TRIGGER JR. is available through these services along with Bill Elliott's HELLFIRE, Rod Cameron's THE PLUNDERERS and William Witney's THE OUTCAST.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m relatively new to that type of western but I had a blast with both of those releases. One I bought and wrote about in my blind buy thread in 2017, and the other I was lucky enough to do the official review for in 2018. I’m glad the occasional western still gets made in modern times, but I wish someone today would make a western film (or TV thing) that was as fun and charming as Roy’s films.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Turner Classic Movies aired TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD last December and it looked gorgeous. I still have it saved on my DVR. I'm hoping it will turn up sometime on iTunes and/or Amazon Prime. TRIGGER JR. is available through these services along with Bill Elliott's HELLFIRE, Rod Cameron's THE PLUNDERERS and William Witney's THE OUTCAST.

Yes to all that. Watched it last year. Keeping my eye out for it on iTunes because I have all the others you mentioned via that outlet.

I had every intention of saving that great Christmas western on my DVR as well, but my recorder acted up and deleted the film about a week after I recorded it. Was hoping it would be run again this year on TCM, but I’ve seen their schedule thru December 25th and it’s not on. In fact this year’s TCM Christmas season schedule stinks. A stark contrast to their excellent 2018 schedule.

Gary “knowing Trail of Robin Hood has already been cleaned up and looks great makes me all the more anxious to own it” O.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I’m relatively new to that type of western but I had a blast with both of those releases. One I bought and wrote about in my blind buy thread in 2017, and the other I was lucky enough to do the official review for in 2018. I’m glad the occasional western still gets made in modern times, but I wish someone today would make a western film (or TV thing) that was as fun and charming as Roy’s films.

Your review influenced my purchase! Thanks again!

Funny thing about Dale Evans is an elderly lady that lives near us gave us some of her daughter's (who is in her early 60's now) old books that she still had boxed up and one of them was the Little Golden Book called Dale Evans and the Coyote. We've read it a few times... :)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
As i said before i'm all in for any Roy Rogers releases on Blu ray . I have pretty much all of his films on dvd. But the quality is all over the place. The two KL Blu rays were a revelation . I can only hope that KL or some other company puts some more Roy Rogers out on Blu.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
It’s been wonderful to read all these positive posts about the Kino Roy Rogers releases. Hoping the company can circle back around and release more films from the King of the Cowboys in the future.

Gary “I know grit and heavy drama are more to some folks liking when it comes to westerns, but give me these b-type, easy going westerns any day of the week” O.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I watched the Kino/Scorpion release of Conduct Unbecoming on the weekend.
I have always enjoyed this film but have previously ever only had a DVD that at best looked like a second generation VHS copy.
What a revelation this release is and my enjoyment of the film was greatly enhanced by the remastering from an IP.
The film does not appear to be well known (at least in Australia) and I can only encourage viewers who like a good mystery to seek it out.
Thank you so much to Kino for releasing this most entertaining film.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 7th!

Dr. Cyclops (1940)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Jesús Treviño
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 77 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
From Ernest B. Schoedsack and Merian C. Cooper, the legendary team behind King Kong, The Most Dangerous Game and Mighty Joe Young, comes this early Technicolor science-fiction classic about a brilliant but deranged physicist who learns how to shrink his enemies to one-fifth their normal size! Four explorers are summoned to the remote jungle laboratory of the legendary scientist Dr. Thorkel (Albert Dekker, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killers, Beau Geste). When they arrive, they discover that his brilliant mind has been warped by radiation and decide to return him to civilization for help. But the half-blind, half-mad Dr. Cyclops will have none of that and uses his experimental body-shrinking device to stop them. Now, harmless items and small creatures suddenly become giant-sized instruments of death! The impressive use of landmark special effects, which garnered an Oscar nomination (Best Effects, Special Effects), helped make this sci-fi yarn one of the most imaginative and memorable horror-fantasy films of all time.

738329237271.jpg

Last edited:

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Coming January 7th!

Dr. Cyclops (1940)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

From Ernest B. Schoedsack, the legendary director of King Kong, The Most Dangerous Game and Mighty Joe Young comes this early Technicolor Science Fiction classic about a brilliant but deranged physicist who learns how to shrink his enemies to one-fifth of their normal size when they begin to challenge his unconventional experimentations. Set in the Peruvian jungle, this landmark sci-fi adventure follows four explorers as they search for legendary scientist Dr. Thorkel (Albert Dekker, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killers, Beau Geste). When they discover their missing colleague, they find his brilliant mind has been warped by radiation and they decide to return him to civilization for help. But the half-blind, half-mad Dr. Cyclops will have none of that and uses his experimental body-altering devise to stop them. Now, harmless items and small creatures suddenly become giant-sized instruments of death! The impressive use of special effects, which garnered an Oscar nomination (Best Effects, Special Effects), helped make this sci-fi classic one of the most imaginative and memorable horror-fantasy films of all time.

View attachment 64362
Man! I can't wait for this one!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Coming January 7th!

Dr. Cyclops (1940)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

From Ernest B. Schoedsack, the legendary director of King Kong, The Most Dangerous Game and Mighty Joe Young comes this early Technicolor Science Fiction classic about a brilliant but deranged physicist who learns how to shrink his enemies to one-fifth of their normal size when they begin to challenge his unconventional experimentations. Set in the Peruvian jungle, this landmark sci-fi adventure follows four explorers as they search for legendary scientist Dr. Thorkel (Albert Dekker, Kiss Me Deadly, The Killers, Beau Geste). When they discover their missing colleague, they find his brilliant mind has been warped by radiation and they decide to return him to civilization for help. But the half-blind, half-mad Dr. Cyclops will have none of that and uses his experimental body-altering devise to stop them. Now, harmless items and small creatures suddenly become giant-sized instruments of death! The impressive use of special effects, which garnered an Oscar nomination (Best Effects, Special Effects), helped make this sci-fi classic one of the most imaginative and memorable horror-fantasy films of all time.

View attachment 64362

I’ll count the days. Thanks.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming January 7th!

Dr. Cyclops (1940)
• Brand New 4K Master
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

View attachment 64362
I actually saw a 35mm nitrate print of this classic during my childhood. Wow, I still remember those vivid Technicolor hues!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 7th From Scorpion Releasing!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Omega Syndrome (1986)
• Brand New 2K Master
• SDH - Optional English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 103 Minutes 1.78:1 Not Rated R
An ex-GI’s (Ken Wahl, The Soldier, The Taking of Beverly Hills, The Gladiator, TV’s Wiseguy) daughter (Nicole Eggert, TV’s Baywatch and Charles in Charge, Haunting of Morella, Blown Away) is abducted by a gang of white supremacists. The ex-GI calls on one of his former Army buddies, (George DiCenzo, Helter Skelter, Back to the Future, Exorcist 3) and together they set out to track down the gang and rescue his daughter. Also starring Doug McClure (Humanoids from the Deep, At the Earth’s Core, Land That Time Forgot), Xander Berkeley (Deadly Dreams, Terminator 2, Candyman) and Colm Meaney (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Under Siege, The Van).

Distributed by Kino Lorber!

738329242381.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 7th From Scorpion Releasing!
DVD and Blu-ray!

Stand Alone (1985)
• Brand New 2019 HD Master
• SDH - Optional English Subtitles
• Reversible Art
• Trailers

Color 94 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated R
A World War II vet (Charles Durning, Dog Day Afternoon, Twilight’s Last Gleaming, True Confessions) is pushed to the limit when gang members and drug dealers take over his neighborhood in this 1985 action film also starring cult icon Pam Grier (Jackie Brown, Foxy Brown, Friday Foster, Bucktown), James Keach (Love Letters, The Long Riders, Smokey and the Hotwire Gang) and Bert Remsen (Inside Moves, Code of Silence, Dick Tracy).

Distributed by Kino Lorber!

738329242404.jpg

738329242404_back.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks