What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
SUDDEN TERROR as per their FB page.
Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Master!

Sudden Terror (1970) aka Eyewitness
Starring Mark Lester, Susan George, Lionel Jeffries, Jeremy Kemp, Pater Vaughn, Tony Bonner & Betty Marsden
Screenplay by Ronald Harwood (The Pianist)
Based on a Novel by John Harris (The Sea Shall Not Have Them)
Directed by John Hough (Twins of Evil)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Coming August 20th!

Billy the Kid vs. Dracula (1966) with optional English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Gambin and John Harrison
• Trailers

Color 73 Minutes 1.85:1 Not Rated
Billy the Kid vs. Dracula is an outrageous low-budget horror-western directed by cult filmmaker William Beaudine (The Ape Man, Voodoo Man). Traveling by stagecoach, Dracula (the great John Carradine) plots to convert Billy the Kid’s (famed stuntman Chuck Courtney) fiancée, Betty Bentley (Melinda Casey), into his vampire bride. When the sinister bloodsucker kidnaps Betty and takes her to an abandoned silver mine, Billy must confront the Count, but soon realizes his six-shooters’ bullets are no match for the undead—and an all-out battle of good vs. evil ensues. Filmmaker Carl K. Hittleman (36 Hours) wrote the screenplay for this wild cult classic, beautifully shot by Lothrop B. Worth (Gog) and featuring Marjorie Bennett (What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?) and Harry Carey Jr. (Cherry 2000).

View attachment 59104

Never thought in a million years I'd EVER see this on BluRay. A very vivid childhood memory, along with its companion on a twin bill, Jesse James Vs. Frankenstein's Daughter. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Kino.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 20th from Kino Classics in a new 4K restoration!

Last Year at Marienbad (1961)
Directed by Alain Resnais
Screenplay by Alain Robbe-Grillet
Starring Delphine Seyrig, Giorgio Albertazzi, Sacha Pitoëff

Winner of the Golden Lion at the 1961 Venice Film Fesitval, Last Year at Marienbad (1961) is a hypnotically beautiful puzzle box of a film, and one of the most influential in history. Alain Resnais’ sensuous tracking shots and Delphine Seyrig’s iconic Chanel gowns have become part of the cinematic lexicon, and can now be seen in a gorgeous 4K restoration from StudioCanal.

Special features:
*Audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
*Booklet essay by Vanity Fair film critic K. Austin Collins
*Interview with filmmaker Volker Schlöndorff (Blu-ray only)
*Last Year at Marienbad A to Z, a visual essay by James Quandt (programmer for the TIFF Cinematheque)
*Memories of Last Year at Marienbad (2010), a making-of doc using Super-8 footage shot on set by François Spira
*Toute la mémoire du monde (1957), a short film by Alain Resnais
*Original cover artwork by Sam Smith

LastYearAtMarienbad_BR.jpg

LastYearAtMarienbad_DVD.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm confused, hasn't Another Stakeout already been released in Blu?
Only a budget disc by Mill Creek. I have it but have not watched it. If it's like other Mill Creek releases, it's basically a DVD quality transfer on blu-ray media. It's also bare bones with only 2.0 stereo sound.

The Kino disc should definitely be an improvement.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The first time I saw Marienbad was in a Puerto Rico, state-owned TV station, shown WIDESCREEN. I was a teenager. I fell in love with the movie and with the gorgeous, gorgeous Delphine Seyrig, whose career I followed even to a Broadway show (unforgettable presence) up to her untimely, and mourned by me, death.
Oh, and the gowns she wears in this film are simply fabulous. And the poses Resnais asks her to pose...she is just entrancing.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
What was Sunday's announcement on FB?

Coming Soon!
Brand New 2K Master!

Baby Blood (1990) aka The Evil Within
Starring Emmanuelle Escourrou, Jean-François Gallotte, Christian Sinniger, François Frappier, Thierry Le Portier & Roselyne Geslot - Co-Written & Directed by Alain Robak (Adrénaline).

61310998_2321685007888393_3745196269337837568_o.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
9/3 Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) | The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) | The Man in the White Suit (1951) 9/10 Reap the Wild Wind (1942) | The Spoilers (1942) | Pittsburgh (1942) | Mirage (1965) | Blindfold (1965) 9/17 Support Your Local Sheriff (1969) | Support Your Local Gunfighter (1970) | The Bounty Man (1972 TV movie) DVD only | The Trackers (1971 TV movie) DVD only | Daughters of Joshua Gabe (1972 TV movie) DVD only 9/24 Not Wanted (1940) | Never Fear (1950) | The Hitch-Hiker (1953) | The Bigamist (1953) | Ida Lupino: Filmmaker Collection

blindfold.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
June Swoon Non KLSC Sale!
Starts today and ends on June 16th!
Over 280 Blu-rays!
Free USA Shipping - $50 or more orders!

https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/junesale19

It's a conspiracy I tell you! Kino Lorber waits until my bank account is at its lowest and then they spring these sales on me! :( Looks like I'll be shopping at the 99 cent store for the rest of the month and Poirot will have to make do with one can of cat food a day instead of two. He's getting too fat anyway.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Maybe he'll share the second can with you. :emoji_cat2:

Are you kidding? That spawn of Satan won't even share my own bed with me! He'll choose the best spot and spread himself out over it forcing me to sleep near the edge. If I try to move him over, he threatens me with his claws. I should be grateful he allows me to share the apartment with him but then again, someone has to pay the rent.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray August 20th from Kino Classics!

Never before released in the U.S.!

Babylon (1980)
Directed by Franco Rosso

"FIVE STARS. One of the greatest British films." - Mojo

BABYLON had its world premiere at Cannes in 1980 but went unreleased in the U.S. for "being too controversial, and likely to incite racial tension" (Vivien Goldman, Time Out). It follows a young reggae DJ (Brinsley Forde, frontman of landmark British group Aswad) in Thatcher-era Brixton as he pursues his musical ambitions, battling fiercely against racism and xenophobia.

Special features:
*Audio commentary with director Franco Rosso, screenwriter Martin Stellman, actor Brinsley Forde, and producer Gavrik Losey
*Booklet essay by music journalist Mike Rubin
*DREAD BEAT AND BLOOD (1979), a short documentary on Linton Kwesi Johnson by Franco Rosso
*New interviews with Brinsley Forde and Dennis Bovell
*Restoration Featurette
*Reversible artwork
*Q&A with cast and crew (recorded at the BFI Southbank in 2008)
*Trailers

Front:
Babylon_Cover1_BR.jpg

Reverse:
Babylon_Cover2_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
It's a conspiracy I tell you! Kino Lorber waits until my bank account is at its lowest and then they spring these sales on me! :( Looks like I'll be shopping at the 99 cent store for the rest of the month and Poirot will have to make do with one can of cat food a day instead of two. He's getting too fat anyway.

We will also have a KLSC 5th Anniversary Sale in July. The Whole klstudioclassics.com website on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks