What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I may be mistaken but I thought the Paramount deal was only for films that Paramount never released on DVD or BD. So something like The Tenant, which Paramount did release on DVD, would not be eligible. I could be completely wrong but I seem to remember it being explained that way.

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
I just received the following message from Amazon:

"Hello from Amazon.ca.
We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:
"Outer Limits Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Import]"
Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.
We've cancelled this item from your order.
Your order is now closed.
Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca."

Will this not be released in Canada?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I would believe that the titles are Republic Pictures. Paramount owns those and Kino has been releasing them at a rapid pace.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I may be mistaken but I thought the Paramount deal was only for films that Paramount never released on DVD or BD. So something like The Tenant, which Paramount did release on DVD, would not be eligible. I could be completely wrong but I seem to remember it being explained that way.

This is what I remember Mister Lime saying also. Funny you mentioned "The Tenant". I have the old DVD and keep debating on whether to keep it. Guess i'd better hold onto it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

"Hello from Amazon.ca.
Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

Kino will only ship to the US and (Oh) CANADA
upload_2018-2-4_13-13-27.png

ttps://www.kinolorber.com/search?q=film%7C%7CThe+Outer+Limits+%281963-64%29+Season+1+%2832+Episodes%29&sort=relevance&per_page=24&theatrical=off&theatrical=on&dvd=off&dvd=on&bluray=off&bluray=on&result_view=list

If you want free shipping to the Beaver Country you'll need to get a few more $ worth of items .. ($100.00 total)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Selznick's Adventures of Tom Sawyer also got an under-the-radar Region 1/NTSC DVD release from Echo Bridge in 2012, as part of a family film triple-feature with the more modern films, Lil' Treasure Hunters (2003) and Devil's Hill (1988). I own a copy.

https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Tom-Sawyer-Bonus-Features/dp/B008D1RDL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517628974&sr=8-1&keywords=adventures+of+tom+sawyer+movie&dpID=61ow%2BKkem-L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

A dedicated Blu release of the 1938 film from Kino Lorber would be most welcome, though.

Reading the comment section, I think this may be an unauthorized edition and not the restored version Disney did some time ago. The restored version looks at least as good as THE GARDEN OF ALLAH.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Sorry to hear no more Bob Hope coming from KL .

Of those Bob Hope films that Hope owned, one I would love to see on blu ray would be 1949 THE GREAT LOVER. When these films came out on DVD, this was one of the unrestored titles, from what looks like a 16mm dupe. It think it is one of his funniest films from that period and Jack Benny has a wonderful cameo.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

So ordering TOL Blu-ray direct from Kino is nearly $10 cheaper than Amazon?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren

"Hello from Amazon.ca.

Yes it will; most likely amazon.ca wants to up the price and not honor the original, cheaper price they offered it for. They did this to me with Criterion's The Awful Truth, and Amazon.com did it to me with The Apartment.

Bill:N

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it will; most likely amazon.ca wants to up the price and not honor the original, cheaper price they offered it for. They did this to me with Criterion's The Awful Truth, and Amazon.com did it to me with The Apartment.
What is even more confusing, after they cancelled my order they put it back up on the same day, at almost the same price, actually slightly lower.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And Kentucky has some great college basketball!

The important thing; the only thing that matters here... is that we are all fans of The Outer Limits!

Can't wait until March 27!

Oh, and congrats to anyone in Philadelphia! That was one hell of a game. And sooooo satisfying. (But I hate to think of the riots that would've happened in Philly if they called back that Ertz touchdown)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yes that is correct anything that Paramount released on DVD is not eligible for Kino or Olive to release on Blu Ray. Paramount is still holding onto those titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks