What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (15 Viewers)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
We also have Un Flic, to be released later with some Delon titles.

Although unlikely, I would hope one of them is Christine with Romy Schneider:

Christine-1958.jpg

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Coming July 2nd on DVD & BD!
3 Masterpieces by Jean-Pierre Melville!

Bob Le Flambeur (1956)
• 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic Nick Pinkerton
• Diary of a Villain - Documentary
• Theatrical Trailer

Screenplay by Melville and Auguste Le Breton (Rififi, Razzia) and shot by Henri Decaë (The 400 Blows, Purple Noon).

Léon Morin, Priest (1961)
• 4K Restoration of 128-Minute Director's Cut
• NEW Interview with Assistant Director Volker Schlöndorff
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker and Historian Mike Siegel
• Master Class with Philippe Labro & Rémy Grumbach
• Theatrical Trailer

Gloriously shot in black-and-white by Henri Decaë (The Sicilian Clan, Viva Maria!).

Le Doulos (1962)
• 4K Restoration
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Interview with First Assistant Director Volker Schlöndorff
• Birth of the Detective Story Melville Style - Documentary
• Theatrical Trailer

Top-notch cinematography by Nicolas Hayer (Le Corbeau).

View attachment 57820

All three are must-haves for me.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 9th on BD!

Tuff Turf (1985) with optional English subtitles
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Fritz Kiersch
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

Color 112 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
For Morgan Hiller (James Spader, Bad Influence), it's tough enough being the new kid in school. But when he tangles with a local gang, he becomes the lone target of the vengeful gang. The situation turns from dangerous to deadly when he meet and falls for the gang leader’s sexy girlfriend (Kim Richards, Escape to Witch Mountain). Welcome to Tuff Turf - where enemies are made, reputations are earned, and love is the most risky affair of all. Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Matt Clark (White Lightning) and Art Evans (Die Hard 2: Die Harder) co-star in this powerful '80s high school action-drama that features live performances by The Jim Carroll Band and Jack Mack & The Heart Attack, plus songs by Marianne Faithfull, Southside Johnny, Lene Lovich and more. Directed by Fritz Kiersch (Children of the Corn).

tuff turf.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Although unlikely, I would hope one of them is Christine with Romy Schneider:

Would be cool if you could get The Black Tulip. It's out on Blu-ray but only in French.

We've already confirmed the other two Delon titles we plan to release with Un Flic (1972).

Farewell, Friend (1968)
co-starring Charles Bronson and Diabolically Yours (1967) co-starring Senta Berger.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 9th on BD!

The Annihilators (1985) with optional English subtitles
• Brand New 2K Master
• The New Heat on the Street: A new video interview with actor Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs
• In Search of Charles E. Sellier Jr: A new video interview with director David O’Malley
• Comparison between the censored and uncensored UK releases of the film
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

Color 84 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
South Point, Georgia is in the stranglehold of Roy Boy Jagger (Paul Koslo, Mr. Majestyk) and his sadistic gang of extortionists and murderers armed to the hilt with sophisticated weaponry. Enter The Annihilators—an elite and synchronized fighting machine weaned on the impossible and hardened by the cruel realities of war. Now back in the States, they face a challenge every bit as vicious as their commando raids… and twice as urgent. They are called upon the citizens of Soith Point in a moment of desperation to single-handedly stop the maniacal Roy Boy. They must fight fire with fire, for The Annihilators—the war is over, but the battle has just began. Stylishly directed by cult director Charles E. Sellier Jr. (Silent Night, Deadly Night) and starring Gerrit Graham (National Lampoon’s Class Reunion) and Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs (Freddie ‘Boom Boom’ Washington of Welcome Back, Kotter).

annihilators.jpg

Real Name
Kevin Hovis
I want to thank Kino for having the sale which ended several days ago. I bought the following.

The Killing of Sister Georgie
The Ox-Bow Incident
The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre
Death Rides A Horse
For A Few Dollars More
The Earthling
The Scarlet Letter (guilty pleasure)
The Last Command
Charly
Diamonds For Breakfast (the cover coaxed me into buying it...babes in miniskirts...yum.)
Foxfire
Gold
Prizzi's Honor
Oscar
The Wanderers
Trapeze (La Lolla)

Probably buying Becky Sharp next week as having to save up a little money plus I'll be buying the RKO sets and the British Silents set when they come out.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Coming July 2nd on DVD & BD!
3 Masterpieces by Jean-Pierre Melville!

Bob Le Flambeur (1956)
• 4K Restoration
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic Nick Pinkerton
• Diary of a Villain - Documentary
• Theatrical Trailer

Screenplay by Melville and Auguste Le Breton (Rififi, Razzia) and shot by Henri Decaë (The 400 Blows, Purple Noon).

Léon Morin, Priest (1961)
• 4K Restoration of 128-Minute Director's Cut
• NEW Interview with Assistant Director Volker Schlöndorff
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker and Historian Mike Siegel
• Master Class with Philippe Labro & Rémy Grumbach
• Theatrical Trailer

Gloriously shot in black-and-white by Henri Decaë (The Sicilian Clan, Viva Maria!).

Le Doulos (1962)
• 4K Restoration
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Samm Deighan
• Interview with First Assistant Director Volker Schlöndorff
• Birth of the Detective Story Melville Style - Documentary
• Theatrical Trailer

Top-notch cinematography by Nicolas Hayer (Le Corbeau).

View attachment 57820

Wonderful news about Bob Le Flambeur and the other Melville’s.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In his Playboy interview, Henry Fonda said that in the 1930s he and James Stewart recognized that their different political inclinations could damage their friendship and so they agreed never to discuss politics!

They must have been the inspiration for Ron & Packy when they created the HTF's rule of "no political discussions." :D

It just makes sense to maintain civility.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 9th on DVD & BD!

Alphaville (1965) with optional English subtitles
• A 4K Restoration
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Both Original French and English Versions of the Film
• Anna Karina Interview
• Colin McCabe Introduction
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible BD Art

Shot by Raoul Coutard (Jules et Jim, First Name: Carmen).

ALPHA.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Dead of Night (1945) with optional English subtitles
• A 4K Restoration
• Remembering "Dead of Night" - Documentary (75:35)

(1945) B&W 103 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
A group of strangers is mysteriously gathered at a country estate where each reveals a chilling tale of the supernatural. First, a racer survives a brush with death only to receive terrifying premonitions from beyond the grave. Then a teen's innocent game of hide-and-seek leads to an encounter with the macabre. Next, a young couple purchases an antique mirror that unleashes a horrific power from its past. In a lighter vein, two competitive golfers play for stakes that may haunt the winner forever. Finally, a renowned ventriloquist descends into an abyss of madness and murder when his dummy develops a mind of its own. But even after these frightening tales are told, does one final nightmare await them all? Britain's venerable Ealing Studios brought together four brilliant directors, Charles Crichton (The Lavender Hill Mob), Basil Dearden (The Mind Benders), Alberto Cavalcanti (They Made Me a Fugitve) and Robert Hamer (It Always Rains on Sunday) to create this classic chiller that remains one of the most influential horror films ever made. This is the uncut and complete UK version of Dead of Night, now newly restored in 4K from original archival materials.

DEAD.jpg

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan

• A 4K Restoration

A group of strangers is mysteriously gathered at a country estate where each reveals a chilling tale of the supernatural. First, a racer survives a brush with death only to receive terrifying premonitions from beyond the grave. Then a teen's innocent game of hide-and-seek leads to an encounter with the macabre. Next, a young couple purchases an antique mirror that unleashes a horrific power from its past. In a lighter vein, two competitive golfers play for stakes that may haunt the winner forever. Finally, a renowned ventriloquist descends into an abyss of madness and murder when his dummy develops a mind of its own. But even after these frightening tales are told, does one final nightmare await them all? Britain's venerable Ealing Studios brought together four brilliant directors, Charles Crichton (The Lavender Hill Mob), Basil Dearden (The Mind Benders), Alberto Cavalcanti (They Made Me a Fugitve) and Robert Hamer (It Always Rains on Sunday) to create this classic chiller that remains one of the most influential horror films ever made. This is the uncut and complete UK version of Dead of Night, now newly restored in 4K from original archival materials.

View attachment 57966
I’m

• A 4K Restoration

View attachment 57966
I believe the name is spelled Roland Culver. Shame on the copy reader,

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
I’m

I believe the name is spelled Roland Culver. Shame on the copy reader,

No reason to get your panties in a bunch, it's the way it was spelled on the UK poster, so the designer just copied what he saw on the poster, we haven't proofed or printed the wraps yet.

No sure what "I'm" means?

DON_UK.jpg

gjn123

Agent
Real Name
Brendan Brennan
No reason to get your panties in a bunch, it's the way it was spelled on the UK poster, so the designer just copied what he saw on the poster, we haven't proofed or printed the wraps yet.

No sure what "I'm" means?

View attachment 57970
I’m not sure why the “I’m” is there either. My panties are never in a bunch, I always separate them. I hope the spelling is corrected, because Mr. Culver is an excellent actor, and I’d like the accurate name on the Blu Ray when I add it to my collection. One fascinating film, with an especially fine performance from Michael Redgrave.
Regards

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
17th Annual Rondo Awards - Winner and runner-ups Announced!

Six Categories! Two WINS! Three Runner-ups! One Honorable Mention!

BEST PACKAGE OF DVD EXTRAS
WINNER: THE OUTER LIMITS 1&2

BEST COMMENTARY
WINNER: TIM LUCAS (THE NIGHT STALKER/THE NIGHT STRANGLER)

BEST BOXED SET
Runner Up: THE OUTER LIMITS 1 & 2

BEST RESTORATION
Runner Up: THE NIGHT STALKER

BEST DVD EXTRA
Runner Up: PLEASE STAND BY/THE UNKNOWN - THE OUTER LIMITS

BEST BLU-RAY DVD
Honorable Mention: THE NIGHT STALKER

http://rondoaward.com/rondoaward.co...HBAlxUTAzJDG1gT66-Ljq7k_qrciD4y0p-SrbsUpLWjEI

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 9th on DVD!

Quarantine (2000 TV Movie) Color 89 Min 1.33:1 NR

Terrorists release a mysterious virus on a small village, killing all of its inhabitants. When he learns the plague could destroy the world’s population, the President of the United States (Harry Hamlin, Clash of the Titans) charges a team of scientists, led by the brilliant Dr. Galen Bronty (Nastassja Kinski, Terminal Velocity), to find a cure. He then retreats to a northwestern island and goes under quarantine so he may govern the country from a safe zone. But a grave situation gets worse when one of his advisors and a stowaway terrorist fail to honor the quarantine and storm the island in a jumbo jet full of children. It’s up to the President to somehow stop the terrorist and the spread of this terrible plague—before it’s too late. The strong supporting cast includes Joelle Carter (TV’s Justified), Susan Hogan (Phobia) and Teryl Rothery (TV’s Stargate SG-1).

738329237868.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming July 16th on DVD & BD!

Merchant-Ivory's Jefferson in Paris (1995) with optional English subtitles
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director James Ivory
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 139 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG-13
Another acclaimed triumph from producer Ismail Merchant, writer Ruth Prawer Jhabvala and director James Ivory, the award-winning creators of A Room with a View, Howards Endand The Remains of the DayJefferson in Paris delivers stylish and highly provocative big-screen entertainment. Hollywood great Nick Nolte (Mulholland Falls) stars with the sexy Greta Scacchi (Shattered) in this impassioned story of forbidden love. During one man’s unforgettable visit to liberal and socially permissive France, he meets and falls in love with a worldly and mysterious woman. But when the alluring charms of another prove irresistible, he finds himself courting scandal in a heated triangle of passion and desire. The stellar cast includes Jean-Pierre Aumont (Five Miles to Midnight), Simon Callow (Four Weddings and a Funeral), Seth Gilliam (Courage Under Fire), James Earl Jones (Field of Dreams), Michael Lonsdale (Moonraker), Nancy Marchand (TV’s The Sopranos), Thandie Newton (Mission: Impossible II), Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love), Charlotte De Turckheim (Birds of Passage), Lambert Wilson (The Matrix Reloaded) and Vincent Cassel (Black Swan).

738329230746.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks