What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (13 Viewers)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Wish you had been successful getting The Major and the Minor. Watched it a year ago for the first time and thought it was great. I would've bought a Kino Blu-Ray release for sure.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
we watch The Major and The Minor every so often maybe once every two or three years. There's always something new to spot in it ... some special delectable moment especially right at the end, on the railway platform. How good to see Ray Milland prove what a wonderful comic actor he could be ... and Ginger is every bit as perky and beautiful as she was in all the films with Fred. Toss in Robert Benchley for good measure and you have a true classic. It deserves Blu Ray status. Thanks Kino Insider for letting us know; fingers crossed someone will bring it to us.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
It is not RUGGLES OF RED GAP. We asked for RUGGLES, but it was not available, most likely with another label.
Mr. Insider, I know you weren’t supposed to, but thanks for letting me know.

Well, it’s looking like every almost Best Picture nominee from universal is not available. I’ll continue being patient.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

The Magic Sword (1962) Starring Basil Rathbone, Estelle Winwood, Gary Lockwood, Anne Helm, Liam Sullivan, Danielle De Metz, Maila Nurmi, Angelo Rossitto and Richard Kiel - Cinematography by Paul Vogel (The Time Machine, The Wonderful World of Brother Grimm) - Screenplay by Bernard C. Schoenfeld (Phantom Lady, Macao), Based on a Story by Bert I. Gordon - Produced and Directed by Bert I. Gordon (The Amazing Colossal Man, Empire of the Ants).

magic sword.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Coming Soon on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

The Magic Sword (1962) Starring Basil Rathbone, Estelle Winwood, Gary Lockwood, Anne Helm, Liam Sullivan, Danielle De Metz, Maila Nurmi, Angelo Rossitto and Richard Kiel - Cinematography by Paul Vogel (The Time Machine, The Wonderful World of Brother Grimm) - Screenplay by Bernard C. Schoenfeld (Phantom Lady, Macao), Based on a Story by Bert I. Gordon - Produced and Directed by Bert I. Gordon (The Amazing Colossal Man, Empire of the Ants).

View attachment 54438

I have waiting on this one for a long time. Thank you.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Lives of a Bengal Lancer maybe?

That would be great!!

With that title I thought of a good question. Could you please tell us how many Gary Cooper films do you have in the Universal deal? A lot of Cooper still not on Blu-ray yet. Thank you.

We'll confirm this one, but no more of these questions :) please. Yes, we do have The Lives of a Bengal Lancer (1935) and it will be released with a new 2K master. We have three more Gary Cooper films, four in total. And the other 1935 film is The Good Fairy, which we had confirmed on another forum and will also be released with a new 2K master.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks