What's new

Kingdom Hospital ongoing thread (renamed) (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ughhh I like when the guy on the operating table started singing, but then the whole hospital chimed in. I laughed and thought it was completely stupid. Where is this show going? Im watching still with many reservations, and Im just not getting it. :frowning:

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
Was the singing a dream or was that really going on?

The guy bleeding from the eyes was pretty creepy IMO.

Another thing I liked from last night was that those two Down's Syndrome kids spray painted Stagman's car. He deserved that.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Well, I gave it another chance last night and lo and behold, I came to the conclusion that this show is..............BAAAADDDD, and NOT in a good way! The singing in the ER was the most stupid thing I have seen on TV in a long time. What the heck was SK thinking when he came up with this drivel? I want the old horrormeister SK back. This new avante-garde one pretty much stinks. I won't watch again.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
King's always quoted pop music lyrics in many of his novels, it's one of the ways he achieves rapport with his readers so it didn't surprise me when this happenned in Kingdom Hospital.

I'm still on the fence with this show, will have to see a couple more eps.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was creepy seeing that old Ambulance driving with no driver. I was curious though, what was the song that they were playing during the first episodes?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I've never thought this show was supposed to be scarry, because, the original version wasn't either, though, granted, it was far and away superior to this version with its
uneasy mix of WTF moments.

At least I like how the show looks, too bad there is more style here than substance.

Mark

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the character development last night was better than in any of the previous episodes. The Sally and Lenny scene was powerful but what was up with Hook's pots?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Kingdom Ailing On ABC

Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital on ABC is seeing its ratings plummet after three weeks on the air, the Reuters news service reported. Preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research on March 18 showed Kingdom Hospital down 16 percent in total viewers and about 19 percent among adults ages 18 to 49 in its 10 p.m. slot over a week earlier, the news service reported.

The drama series from the prolific horror author debuted strongly two weeks ago, but has slid in the ratings since. ABC placed high hopes on the program to help with its efforts to turn around a lackluster season, the news service reported.

Kingdom Hospital drew 7.14 million average total viewers Wednesday night, placing third in its timeslot.

Meanwhile, UPN's computer-animated Game Over lost nearly 14 percent of its total viewership in the 8 p.m. slot from its debut a week earlier, Reuters reported. Game Over drew 1.72 million total viewers on average and a 0.5 rating in audiences 18-49, both last in the half-hour among the six major networks, the news service reported.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I started watching this weeks episode, but had to stop. This series is boring me to tears. I so wanted to like it, but ........zzzzzzz

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Which I'm sure ABC doesn't regard as meaningful competition. Both shows are headed for cancellation, but at least Kingdom Hospital will get the chance to finish out its season. I'll be surprised if Wonderfalls gets the same opportunity.

M.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Are you sure it will get a chance to finish? Remember Miracles last season?
Apparently not to many people are still watching K.H. or they wouldnt have moved it.
Ihave to say Wondefalls is a lot more refreshing than K.H. How many times have we seen King redo the same ol' stuff???

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
If ABC gets better ratings by plugging in a reality show into the timeslot, this show's days may be gone quicker than you think.

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it will finish all the episodes. I don't see them pulling the plug on a Stephen King series just like that.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I think if ABC wants another King mini-series (and if 'Salem's Lot does well on the other channel) ABC will have to stick through the rest of KH just to keep a good relation with him.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I thought Kingdom Hospital was a mini-series?

I think if they want more people to watch it they need more advertising. Nobody knows about it.

And it is a bit weird. Kind of freaky.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
From what I have heard from people who watched it is that it is too slow with not much going on to sustain viewing it every week.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

ABC Dumps 'Kingdom Hospital,' Adds More Summer Plans
By Brian Ford Sullivan

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC's "Kingdom Hospital" is taking a long vacation as creator Stephen King has confirmed via his web site the network has pulled the show until Thursday, June 24.

At that time the four remaining installments - three one-hour episodes and the two-hour finale - will resume airing. Click here to read the original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks