What's new

KING CRIMSON newbie sort of..... (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I have Deja Vroom on DVD and am not a fan of it.
Just curious: why not? Is it the menus?
Rachael, I've heard about the terrible-ness of Earthbound a lot. Eh, what can you do? I'm still gonna get it if it's released on CD. I've just got to hear it, even if it's just for laughs. I've never been a big fan of that line-up anyway.
USA is supposed to have a really nice and unique improv on it, so I can't wait to get that one.
They are also planning on releasing a double CD archival recording of the Islands band called Ladies of the Road.
Also, some good news for Crimson fans: some of the CDs from the Collector's Club are available for individual sale. It may be worth taking a look at.
NP: Flower Kings, Back in the World of Adventures, CD

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i bought the dvd without hearing king crimson. I was just intrigued by it for it's technical merits.

not a fan of the music.

StevenW

Second Unit
I read that at one show, Maynard said that sharing the stage with Crimson for him was like Lenny Kravitz opening for Led Zeppelin, or Britney Spears for Debbie Gibson.
Yeah it was an exerience like no other to see those two bands in one evening. Here is a humbling quote Maynard said regarding King Krimson:

"It's terrifying and it's an honour at the same time," Keenan murmurs. "Robert Fripp is definitely a musician to be reckoned with. He said he's been writing a lot heavier stuff lately, just in response to what he's heard from us, which is terrifying to have him go out and open for us, because he's the master. And of course we've always said that we're very much influenced by King Crimson and bands of that ilk, and to have them play ahead of us.... I have a feeling kids are going to come and hear King Crimson and go, fuck Tool ripped these guys off blind, because it'll be right there for you to see. But we've said that all along, that were definitely influenced by this band, there's no mystery."

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Mike, I doubt you'll ever hear the distorted, in the red recording of EARTHBOUND unless you rummage up a copy of the record. If people bought it on CD they'd proably think there wassomething wrong with it and try to retun or exchange it!;) USA would make a nice CD I'm sure. Best wishes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks