What's new

KING CREOLE 1958 4K Dolby Vision on iTunes (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Welp, I did some A/B testing this afternoon on King Creole, switching between using my Bluetooth headphones connected to my ATV4K and using my main sound system. No difference. The terrible audio lag is definitely in the source for this title. Tomorrow I'll report it and hope that Apple fixes the problem soon. It's so bad that I literally cannot watch the film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Welp, I did some A/B testing this afternoon on King Creole, switching between using my Bluetooth headphones connected to my ATV4K and using my main sound system. No difference. The terrible audio lag is definitely in the source for this title. Tomorrow I'll report it and hope that Apple fixes the problem soon. It's so bad that I literally cannot watch the film.
Yeah, those sync issues really don't bother me to the point I cannot watch the movie.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yeah, those sync issues really don't bother me to the point I cannot watch the movie.

Minor sync problems usually don't bother me, but when Elvis' mouth doesn't stop moving (in some cases) until a full 2 seconds after his dialogue does, I just can't handle it. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Minor sync problems usually don't bother me, but when Elvis' mouth doesn't stop moving (in some cases) until a full 2 seconds after his dialogue does, I just can't handle it. :)
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing that length of a delay. Anybody else seeing it?

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing that length of a delay. Anybody else seeing it?

Well, like I said, this is the ONLY iTunes title I'm having this issue with on my ATV4K. No other stream displays an audio sync problem as bad as King Creole.

That being said, I just watched portions of the movie on my computer via the macOS TV app and guess what? MINIMAL AUDIO LAG. It's hardly noticeable. So, at this point I'm a bit perplexed as to what might be going on.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well, like I said, this is the ONLY iTunes title I'm having this issue with on my ATV4K. No other stream displays an audio sync problem as bad as King Creole.

That being said, I just watched portions of the movie on my computer via the macOS TV app and guess what? MINIMAL AUDIO LAG. It's hardly noticeable. So, at this point I'm a bit perplexed as to what might be going on.
I get audio synch issues from time to time on my ATV4K as well -- and did notice it with King Creole. It's almost always with a title encoded in Dolby Vision. Sometimes stopping and starting the film helps in my case.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks Scott. I've tried the stopping and starting routine and it hasn't helped in my case. Maybe I'll try playing it on my MacBook and AirPlaying it to ATV4K, just to see what I get.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have been seeing audio sync issues with Elvis films though it was Jailhouse Rock I last streamed on ATV4K.

I just thought Presley was doing a bad lip-synch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks