What's new

KING CREOLE 1958 4K Dolby Vision on iTunes (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
While going through iTunes and seeing which classics may be upgraded from SD to HD, I discovered that KING CREOLE 1962 has been upgraded from SD to 4K Dolby Vision.
A awesome discovery.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Go Paramount! Bring on catalog classics in 4K. We I don't need no stinkin' discs! :D

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Go Paramount! Bring on catalog classics in 4K. We I don't need no stinkin' discs! :D
I see you changed from "we" to "I" . Some of us here on Home Theater Forum still like to buy Blu-rays and DVDs. I do, and I hope King Creole and all of Elvis 's Paramount and Warner Brothers films are released on Blu-ray .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see you changed from "we" to "I" . Some of us here on Home Theater Forum still like to buy Blu-rays and DVDs. I do, and I hope King Creole and all of Elvis 's Paramount and Warner Brothers films are released on Blu-ray .
And then there are some of us on Home Theater Forum that like to buy 4K discs, Blu-rays, DVDs and Digitals.:)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
And then there are some of us on Home Theater Forum that like to buy 4K discs, Blu-rays, DVDs and Digitals.:)
Lots of films I'd buy in 4K and the other formats you mention, and I do - several each week . But , I wouldn't say I don't need no stinkin' (insert your own format here ) .There's room for all hopefully, including physical media .

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Lots of films I'd buy I'd 4K and the other formats you mention, and I do - several each week. . But , I wouldn't say I don't need no stinkin' (insert your own format here ) .There's room for all hopefully, including physical media .
It's a joke, Lou. You need to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre or Blazing Saddles. :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
It's a joke, Lou. You need to watch Treasure of the Sierra Madre or Blazing Saddles. :)
Mark , I watched Blazing Saddles on Blu-ray disc a few months back (part of the Multi disc Mel Brooks collection). I recently ordered the Bogie BD collection and Treasure is on there - I'll be watching soon . Sorry I didn't get the joke! But, as a loyal BD, DVD , and even CD enthusiast, I'm overly sensitive for calls to do away with physical media as I still enjoy those formats. I guess it will happen some day , but hopefully not for a long time .

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way, Treasure Of The Sierra Madre is an absolutely awesome film. I think it’s Bogies best performance.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It says $14.99 to buy , $4.99 when was that ?

I hate to buy anything I can't really own but if must be to get King Creole 4k which service provides the best possible picture and sound quality ? . Itunes, prime, hulu ,netflix etc...
iTunes has sales every week and it was on sale for that price on February 25th.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I started watching this several times over the past couple of weeks, but had to stop because the audio sync is WAY off. I mean badly off. I'm watching on an ATV4K via both the TV app and the Movies app, and it's the same on both. This is the only title I'm having a problem with, so I must assume that the trouble is with the source. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I started watching this several times over the past couple of weeks, but had to stop because the audio sync is WAY off. I mean badly off. I'm watching on an ATV4K via both the TV app and the Movies app, and it's the same on both. This is the only title I'm having a problem with, so I must assume that the trouble is with the source. Has anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone have ANY input on this issue? I tried again yesterday, with the same result. The audio is so out of sync with the video that it’s unwatchable for me. I *am* using Bluetooth headphones (Sony WH1000MX3) connected to my ATV4K, but as I mentioned in my previous post, King Creole is the ONLY title in my iTunes library I’m having this problem with. It’s driving me nuts! Today or tomorrow I’m going to try watching it with the audio going through my main system to see if the lag is still there. To be honest, I should have done that a while ago. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Doug,

I forgot to post this last week. I watched a couple of minutes of King Creole after reading your post and though the audio was slightly out of sync, it didn't bother me. I'm not as sensitive to out of sync audio as other people.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the info Robert. I’m going to report thee problem to Apple and hope that they correct it. I’ll also post the results of my non-Bluetooth audio testing once I get the chance to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks