What's new

Kill Bill R2? (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know when the R2 version of Kill Bill is coming out? I heard that it will be "unrated".
Thanks!
Elbert

Olly Dean

HW Reviewer
I doubt the European R2 versions will be unrated as I think all the countries have to have DVD releases rated. You'll probably have to look to Japan (R2) or Hong Kong (R3?) for a unrated version.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ill probally be looking to the Japanese version as well.

I found this in the Kill Bill thread:

"From someone's post on DVDTalk (I spoilerfied a major one):

Hi everyone, quick report: I saw Kill Bill in Japan yesterday. IMO, this film does work better in this more violent version (or maybe I'm just a gorehound at heart ). Anyway, here are the major differences:

- yes, as you already know, the entire fight scene at the end is in colour. It works better for me, really. Some of the action that was confusing to me in high contrast black and white is easier to see in colour. When Uma plucks the eyeball out of one of the Crazy 88s, instead of the scene switching to b&w, she shoves the eyeball into another yakuzas mouth and continues the fight. It seems like a bit more hacked off limbs are visible too. And at the end of the scene, there is a close up of Uma's eyes, but no eyeblink that signals the change back to colour in the US version

- the anime scene has a bit more violence, most notably, after O-ren kills the yakuza boss, there is a shot of his split open torso, showing his intestines inside

-in the GoGo flashback in the bar, when she slices open the sleazy guy, you dont just see blood, but also his intestines falling to the floor

-and of course there is the Sophie Fatale scene in the trunk.
Spoiler:
After the Bride talks to her, she yells "Give me your other arm", she then grabs Sophies remaining arm and chops it off at the elbow. So when you see her rolling down the hill, you do see an arm because she still has half of it.

There are probably other small differences but this is mostly what I noticed. Also, the Japanese sequences did not have English subtitles, so this might be an issue for some in the future, if importing the eventual Japanese DVD (but who knows, it may have English subs)."

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
thanks for the info, guys - any release date for the Hong Kong and Japanese releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks