What's new

Kickstart my heart <3 (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's interesting. I'll have to eyeball my current power strip setups with that in mind and see if it's a better solution anywhere. But for a bedroom use, I'm not sure it's better than a hidden powerstrip and a quirky cord manager on side table.https://www.quirky.com/shop/84-cordies-keep-cables-on-the-tableI don't think it's a good travel option for me, because it's bulky, with a 3' power cord. And more hotels have outlets on desks, and not just hidden behind the bed.But I'm intrigued. I'm always curious about new power strips :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Aaron Silverman said:
What refund policy? I don't think KS does jack-all when a project fails.
From the Polygon article:"It's worth noting that according to Kickstarter's Terms of Use, project creators are legally required to fulfill all rewards and promises of their projects or offer refunds in return."And answering it:"...with Kickstarter itself refusing to step up and take any action against those who default on their promises, it's up to backers to begin being much more discerning about what they're putting money toward."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not interested in paying money and "[using] real-world and community generated data to reflect on cultural trends and the changing relationship between humans and the systems they create." Nor do I wish to have my living room "explore the re-contextualizing of commonplace items to create new awareness of the mundane."If instead that let me display my wife's best photographs, I'd seriously consider buying it. I've been watching for something like that for years.And if would let my sisters send pictures of the granddaughters to a digital display at mom's house, I'd get them to buy one.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah its a full blown computer, you aren't stuck with just their media.

[*]Unlimited Media Types: Supports GIFs, video, animation, graphics, Flash, Processing, openFrameworks, and more...
[/list]

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hrmmm...Skimming the page for the second time, I don't get an understanding I could easily have it show my photo library. I'll have to wait for reviews on the finished product. They're pitching it as "gallery art" gone digital. Not, send photos to mom.What I want, I suppose, is an Apple TV and a 30" TV integrated with flush mount. For

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks