What's new

Kenwood KRF-V5550D Rec Out (1 Viewer)

Rick Shepherd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Audio into the Kenwood comes from the TV via Digital Coax to the input labelled Video 2 Monitor Coaxial. No problems with that -all sounds as it should. I now want to send the audio to another device but am having problems with this.Yesterday I connected the Video 2 Rec Out to the other device (an amp with speakers that I am using for testing) and got sound OK through the amp BUT only when I switched the speakers off on the Kenwood. What I am trying to achieve is sound through the Kenwood speakers AND the other device at the same time.Having read the manual last night, it appears that I should be using the Monitor control on the Kenwood.This morning I tried it again (same setup as yesterday) but got no sound at all through the attached device. Also tried using the Monitor button but this did nothing at all. I am thinking that the Rec Out only works with analogue signals and therefore won't work with the digital signal from the tv. But I could be wrong.Any ideas or suggestions?

Edit : DOH !!!Input to the TV comes from a cable box - all I had to do was connect the cable box using the analogue stereo outputs directly to the second amp while leaving the digital output from the tv connected to the Sherwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks