What's new

kenwood dv-6050 (1 Viewer)

Hi there. I was just wondering if anybody out there has used or heard anything positive or negative about this dvd player. It is a five disk dvd-audio capable (5.1) dvd player with the Faroudja DCDi chip. I picked it up for $180 at visions electronics and it seems to be a pretty good player, but i can't find anything on it on the internet other than prices. If anybody has any info or thoughts on this dvd player, could you let me know.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Thanx for the reply. I don't understand why more people didn't buy this dvd player. Other than not playing sacd's, this is a steal of a deal as far as i can tell. it has built in bas management for dvd-audio and sounds really good as far as i can tell. i bought the pioneer 563-a for sacd and have had problems with quensryche empire dvd-audio on it. it won't give me the menu when set to dvd-a setting. But i have no problems with it on me 6050.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I wondered the same thing-- it's an incredible value and extremely well built.

Hope you enjoy it!

Do you happen to know anything about the bass management of this player. I know that the Pioneer 563-a has a really high 200 hz cutoff. I am hoping that the Kenwood is bettr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks