Kenwood DV-6050 WOW!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Kopish, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Kevin Kopish

Kevin Kopish Auditioning

Ha s anybody seen this unit? It seems like it has a lot of potential. A DVD-A changer with DCDi deinterlacing for $350 seems like a dream come true. Now if I only had that HDTV...
    Check it out here..
    DV-6050

2. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Well, if that seems like a dream come true, how about a DVD-A changer with Sage/Faroudja DCDi deinterlacing (yes, it does have it even though it doesn't say so) for $249 from the same website. [​IMG]
    Panasonic CP-72

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin, I started a thread on the '6050 upon seeing it on Crutchfield's web site recently. Some discussion about it ensued. Here is the link:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=90505
    Mike makes a good point that the Panasonic 'CP72 is cheaper than the '6050. JVC makes a seven-disc changer for less than the '6050 as well. Crutchfield also has the JVC changer. Perhaps the Kenwood changer is a better unit. I haven't compared the three models.

4. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

The JVC uses the Mediamatics chipset, which provides a nice sharp image while in Film mode with properly flagged DVDs. However, when it drops into Video mode, it's picture is not as good as Sage/Faroudja based players.

The Kenwood may have better build quality than the Panasonic to somewhat justify its higher price.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mike, thanks for the information. Good to know.