What's new

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (2 Viewers)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
From Comic Book Movie's site:

Bruce Timm has been an integral creator in the development and evolution of the DC Tooniverse since the debut of Batman: The Animated Series, and the big news, as revealed in this article excerpt, is that he has stepped down from his supervisory position.

Interview conducted by and copyright Edward Gross

There’s a change coming to the DC Tooniverse, and not just with the cancellation of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, but in terms of the continuing series of made for Blu-ray/DVD films that began with Superman Doomsday in 2007 and will next be represented by this May’s Superman Unbound. Most notably, Bruce Timm, who has been guiding the vast majority of things DC animated since the debut of Batman: The Animated Series in 1992, has stepped down from his position as producer, initially to have focused his energies on GL and, more significantly, to develop some of his own projects. Stepping into his place as supervising producer is James Tucker.

Tucker, of course, is no newbie to this world having served as producer of Justice League, Legion of Super Heroes and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. He's also been credited as a director on Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Legion of Super Heroes and, currently, Superman Unbound.

“Bruce had done a lot since Justice League Unlimited ended,” explains Tucker, “so it’s been quite a haul. I can’t speak for him, but I think going out on Dark Knight Returns was a special thing for him. If he was going to make the break, that seemed like a good time."

Tucker emphasizes that his goal is to keep things going in the "right" direction, living up to the reputation of what's preceded him in this role. At the same time, on a personal level, he hopes to "shake things up a bit."

"I'd love to use more of a variety of characters, but that's something I don't have control over," he says. "Granted Dark Knight Returns was long overdue to be adapted and I'm glad they did it and did it superbly. But beyond that, I'm not really interested in replicating, image by image, word for word, something that was in a comic book, because you can’t replicate that experience or feeling. You’re basically getting a secondary experience, so you have to make it your own in order to make it work as a movie. Creating films in which people are going through it with a checklist saying, ‘Okay, they took that out, they took that out…” I’m not interested in doing anything like that."

For some fans who have been following the animated films, there is a growing frustration over the fact that the vast majority of the flicks center around Batman or Justice League, and then Superman, with many other characters not getting the same kind of opportunity to be featured. Of course there have been attempts, most notably with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and even the collection of short films, DC Showcase, but the responding sale figures didn't support the idea of such forays. Tucker, for his part, believes that there’s a creative way around this particular challenge.

“I can’t go into specifics,” he says, “but I have a feeling when we announce our next slate of movies, people are going to be very excited because we will be using Batman, Superman and Justice League as a gateway to exposing other characters.”

For the rest of this article, please click HERE.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Damn, I'm losing my touch. I was gonna post that a few days ago and forgot.

But I do have this juicey bit of news:

JUSTICE LEAGUE: FLASHPOINT, new DC Animated movie news:

SOURCE: http://www.newsarama.com/film/dc-animated-flashpoint-paradox-news.html

Announced in 2012, after Superman: Unbound, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation's next animated feature now has a full title, release date, and the first official description and casting information.

Revealed exclusively to Newsarama, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will hit Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, OnDemand, and Digital Download on July 30, 2013, taking the 2011 DC Comics series Flashpoint into the world of animation. That comic book series, by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert, served as the impetus for the "New 52" relaunch of the DC Comics universe later that year.
The storyline wil mirror that of the comics, and we have Warner Bros. Animation's official description for you here.

"When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for The Flash and his family, the ripples of the event prove disastrous as a fractured, alternate reality now exists where a Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Teaming with a grittier, more violent Dark Knight and Cyborg, Flash races to restore the continuity of his original timeline while this new world is ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman's Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans. With breath taking action and an all-star voice cast, it's a bold, emotional vision that will forever change the landscape of the DC Universe."

While we can't reveal the full cast just yet (and we wish we could), we can share a few. Kevin Conroy leaked his return to the role of Batman in the film, and WBA confirmed the actor will be playing Bruce Wayne/Batman in the non-Flashpoint era sections of the film. Ron Perlman will be back as Slade Wilson, Deathstroke, Dana Delany returns to Lois Lane. We can also announce that Vanessa Marshall, no stranger to superhero animation having played Mary Jane Watson, Black Canary, Black Widow, Poison Ivy, and more, will be reprising her role from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths as Wonder Woman. Other pivotal castings including Flash, Cyborg, Reverse Flash, Aquaman, and Thomas Wayne/Batman will be revealed soon.

Along with the casting, release date, and description, see the first official still from The Flashpoint Paradox to your right, featuring The Flash in action.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox comes from DC Entertainment, Warner Bros Animation and Warner Bros Home Entertainment July 30, 2013.

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;] View attachment 507 [/color]

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
A new JL toon would be awesome!

Attachments

• Flashpoint-Paradox-first-image-fix.jpg
    Flashpoint-Paradox-first-image-fix.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 72

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Titles of first two eps of the new AVENGERS ASSEMBLE toon revealed!
Marvel's Avengers Assemble!
1-01 The Avengers Protocol: Part One
05/26/2013 at 11:00:00 AM TV-Y7 FV

Marvel's Avengers Assemble!
1-02 The Avengers Protocol: Pt. Two
05/26/2013 at 11:30:00 AM TV-Y7 FV

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episode "Powerless" is slated to make its network debut Sunday, May 5th, 2013 at 11:00am (ET/PT)."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
By the way that IRON MAN: THE RISE OF TECHNOVORE anime movie was awesome. Waiting for You Won Cannes to post my review.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
July 30th

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Blu-ray™ has over three hours of exciting extra content, including:
• A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
• My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
• A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
• From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
• The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]
The-Punisher-1989-the-punisher-5985232-901-1085.jpg
jlpdvdcover.jpg
[/color]

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I probably should have asked this here instead of the blu-ray thread, but can anyone confirm that Justice League season 2 on blu-ray is 16 x 9 (not letterboxed like the DVD)?

Remember the awful excuses at the time of Season 2's DVD release? I believe someone from the studio said "it looks better that way." ?!?!!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Sunday, May 26
Original Series – Series Premiere
Marvel’s Avengers Assemble ”The Avengers Protocol: Pt. 1″
(11:00 AM – 11:30 AM ET/PT)
When Captain America is apparently destroyed by Red Skull, Iron Man re-unites the team to try and avenge his friend and stop Red Skull’s army.
TV-Y7-FV
Sunday, May 26
Original Series – Episode Premiere
Marvel’s Avengers Assemble ”The Avengers Protocol: Pt. 2″
(11:30 AM – 12:00 PM ET/PT)
When Red Skull steals Tony Stark’s armor, the Avengers must put aside their differences and galvanize the team to stop him and M.O.D.O.K. from destroying New York City.
TV-Y7-FV

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Poster art for AVENGERS ASSEMBLE as hit the web. It's a riff of the poster for the live action movie.

944566_496197690446700_578437218_n.jpg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Screenshot from the premiere episode of AVENGERS ASSEMBLE just hit the web:

Adxev8A - Imgur.jpg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Finally, first footage, but, I gotta say, the animation looks pretty lame. Looks rather stiff. Maybe this is gonna suck after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks