What's new

KA-POW! The Official "Unofficial" DC/Marvel Animated Movies & Shows Thread (2 Viewers)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Ha! I said that exact same thing on my DVD NEWS FLASH Facebook page when I first posted those covers.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: AVENGING SPIDER-MAN (first half of the series) comes to DVD: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-ultimate-spider-man-dvd-58312/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So they changed the name of the show and took out the Ultimate part?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
No, it's still ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, that's just the name of the volume. They did that with THE AVENGERS; all of them have their volumes subtitled. Season 2 of SPIDER-MAN supposedly starts in January. The two part season finale was pretty damn good. The show finally got serious when he battled the Green Goblin.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
As part of our session at Disney Burbank during the recent Home Theater Forum meet we spoke with Joe Quesada from Marvel. He told to us about the upcoming Hulk/Iron Man film called Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United:

Guys, I'm Joe Quesada, I'm Marvel's chief creative officer and, you know, thanks for the opportunity to present something to you guys. I have a very, very short presentation. I was given like 10 or 15 minutes and this is going to take up maybe 5 to 8 at most. Firstly I want you guys to remember is April 23rd, keep that date in mind, write it down, put it in your books, there will be a test later. What I want to know is how many people here have seen the Avengers movie? [Three people raise hands]
You know, I was told there were like two or three people on planet earth that hadn't seen it. You guys must be it, so I'll get to you afterwards.

I want you guys to know just from a Marvel perspective what the Avengers meant to us. You know, inside Marvel the Avengers was sort of our coming out play because for the first time the world got to experience what those of us that have loved Marvel and had been with Marvel for decades really know about the Universe, what we love about the Universe, the company and the characters and what makes it unique. And the fact that the Marvel Universe -- it's not just this place filled with epic adventure and incredible stories, but it's a place it's filled with these magnificent characters and these characters that aren’t just heroes, but they have heart, humor and humanity. And at the end of the day that's really what Joss Whedon was able to do for us. I mean, the brilliance of Joss was that he was able to take all these amazing attributes about the Marvel Universe and distill it down into quite frankly what I consider to be one of the greatest action adventure movies of all time really.

Now, those of you that had seen the Avengers, I'm sure you remember the end of the movie, right, where the character sort of walked off on their own and we did get to see Tony Stark and Bruce Banner get in the car together and sort of ride off into the sunset. We were then kind of really thinking at Marvel as to where do you think these guys went and by the way wouldn't this be a great team up because if you remember going to the Avengers we sort of assumed and we knew that Iron Man, Tony Stark, could be the star of the movie with Robert Downey, Jr. And I think the big surprise for us and all of us I think we didn't expect was that there was going to be this break out star or should I say smash out star in Hulk.

So we did start to think about what would happen if we took Tony Stark who was, you know, the greatest scientific mind in the Marvel Universe, a character whose sole existence, sole purpose in life is to build really cool stuff and then team him up with a character whose sole purpose in life was to smash things. So we came up with this idea for Iron Man and Hulk heroes unlimited. And it is a brand new animated feature length DTV where we bring these two great characters together to this one great adventure. Now, as I mentioned before you remember at the end of the movie where, you know, Ruffalo and Downey get in the car and they drive off into the sunset together. Now, I'm not saying that this is that adventure; I'm also not saying it's not that adventure.

So use your imagination. What I can tell you is that all that, you know, sort of sweeping epic adventure and great humor and characterization that you remember and hopefully love from the Avenger's movie, well, we really strove to try to capture it here in this particular movie. The other thing I want to talk about really quickly -- like I said, this is going to really brief -- is the technique that we used here. One of the joys of Marvel becoming part of the Disney family is that we've been able to grow really tremendously. We're really a small company, we're still pretty much a small company, but we're able to really grow and have different divisions like Marvel Animation.

This is a unique look for us, something that we're trying for the very first time. We think it's really, really cool. We are using the CG models and these CG models are then intricately hand painted to give them, I think, a real wonderful depth. And you know, I always hesitate to say that, you know, this is unlike anything you've ever seen before, but I really do think it's unique and I think it's unlike a lot of things that are out there. So you know, I'll just show you real short clip of Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United.

So just you guys know the Iron Man is played by Adrian Pasdar. We remember him from the Heroes TV show and other subsequent shows and movies. He plays Tony Stark with the same kind of wit and “starkiness” when you come to know him well. Frank Tatasciore plays the Hulk and Frank -- interesting about Frank is frankly the Hulk more than any other actor in existence. He also plays Hulk in our Ultimate Spider-Man TV show on DXD as well as the upcoming Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. He has a great voice. He is basically the Hulk for us. So Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United is going to be available on DVD, Blu-ray as well as digital download. And remember I said April 23rd, it's an important date, that's our North America release date. It's also, imagine how we did this, it's less than two weeks before the premiere of Iron Man 3. So hopefully you guys enjoyed it, like I said, it was short and simple. And thanks for your time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's a heck of a transcription job, Adam!

Both Iron Man & Hulk and Dark Knight Returns II have incredible potential. It should tide most of us over until the next live action comic book movie comes out (Iron Man III in the summer, right?).

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm looking more forward to the anime movie, IRON MAN: THE RISE OF TECHNOVORE. I used to love the live action movies, but I get more excited now when they do a toon or an anime movie/series. The CGI of this HULK/IRON MAN doesn't work for me. I wish they had done it with traditional animation. Oddly, the CGI of the GREEN LANTERN series appeals to me.

Andy_Munich

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
My user ID is a clever riddle!
It was a big surprise to see Joe, even if only for a few minutes. I'm a big fan of these direct to disc animation efforts, from both houses. There are so many good stories yet to be told, and this is the format to do it in.

captgoodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russell
It was great to hear what was coming up in the Marvel universe. Enjoyed the clip. Great concept of creating teamed with smashing.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
I enjoyed seeing what Disney is doing with Marvel even though the time was short. I look forward to the stories you'll be putting out in the future. Thanks for sharing with us.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Promo for the return of YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION on 1/5. I believe there are only 10 eps remaining.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
PRESS RELEASE:

HIT MARVEL SERIES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN THWIPS INTO SEASON TWO WITH A SPECIAL ONE-HOUR PRIMETIME PREMIERE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 21 ON DISNEY XD
-- "Marvel Comics Close-Up" Interstitials Promoting Literacy To Debut --

Hit Marvel animated series Ultimate Spider-Man thwips into season two with a special one-hour primetime premiere on MONDAY, JANUARY 21 (7:00 - 8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD, it was announced today by David Levine, Vice President and General Manager, Disney XD Worldwide and Jeph Loeb, Executive Vice President, Marvel Television. The thrilling two part premiere introduces fans to two of Spider-Man's most iconic villains-the Lizard (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker of Disney's Phineas and Ferb) and Electro. As Spidey and his team-Nova, White Tiger, Iron Fist and Power Man-battle these menacing super villains, a sinister force is secretly assembling to try and spell their defeat. New episodes of Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man will premiere Sundays at 11:00 a.m., ET/PT on Marvel Universe on Disney XD.

"Marvel Comics Close-Up," a series of interstitials hosted by Joe Quesada (Marvel's Chief Creative Officer) and Dylan Riley Snyder ("Kickin' It") encouraging kids to read, will debut during the premiere of Ultimate Spider-Man on Disney XD with free digital Marvel comics available on DisneyXD.com/comics. The interstitials will take fans deeper into the Marvel Universe by giving viewers an inside look at 10 compelling Marvel Comics, featuring popular Marvel characters, including Spider-Man and the Avengers, and acclaimed comic book creators and artists. The legendary Marvel Comics span iconic super hero comics such as "Ultimate Spider-Man #7," "Invincible Iron Man #7," "Hulk #3," "Thor #364" and "Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #16."

Season two of Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man will follow Spidey and the young heroes as they encounter the ultimate battle between good and evil. But they're not alone, as Spider-Man unites with the stars of the upcoming animated series "Marvel's Avengers Assemble"-- Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, the Hulk and, for the very first time, Hawkeye. For the first time, they will confront the most threatening assembly of super villains ever seen in animation, the Sinister Six -- uniquely comprised of Rhino, Kraven The Hunter, Lizard, Electro, Beetle and a secret sixth member. Our heroes will also face the return of Loki as he seeks revenge on the web-crawler after their previous unforgettable encounter. Spidey's limits will be tested in this inevitable collision course with his greatest foes, both old and new.

On DisneyXD.com/Marvel, an "Ultimate Spider Cycle" game will be unveiled, where players navigate bustling city streets to find antidote vials in a race against time to catch up to Venom and save Spider-Man's best friend, Harry.

2012 to date, Ultimate Spider Man is Disney XD's #1 animated series in Boys 6-14 (205,000/1.1 rating), Boys 9-14 (132,000/1.1 rating) and Boys 2-11 (211,000/1.0 rating). [Source: NTI, U.S. ratings, 12/26/11-12/9/12, trackage data, most current]

Ultimate Spider-Man is produced by Marvel Animation and carries a TV-Y7-FV parental guideline.

The award-winning creative team consists of executive producers: Alan Fine, Dan Buckley, Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb; co-executive producers: Stan Lee, Eric Radomski, Man of Action - Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle, Dana Booton and Cort Lane; creative consultant: Paul Dini; and consulting producer: Brian Michael Bendis.

Ultimate Spider-Man stars Drake Bell as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Chi McBride as Nick Fury, Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson, JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, Steven Weber as Norman Osborn, Greg Cipes as Danny Rand/Iron Fist, Ogie Banks as Luke Cage/Power Man, Caitlyn Taylor Love as Ava Ayala/White Tiger, Logan Miller as Sam Alexander/Nova, Tom Kenny as Doctor Octopus, Matt Lanter as Harry Osborn/Flash Thompson, Tara Strong as Mary-Jane Watson, Misty Lee as Aunt May and recurring guest star, Stan Lee, as Stan the Janitor.

Disney XD is a basic cable channel and multi-platform brand showcasing a compelling mix of live-action and animated programming for Kids age 6-14, hyper-targeting boys and their quest for discovery, accomplishment, sports, adventure and humor. Disney XD branded content spans television, online, mobile and VOD platforms. The programming includes series, movies and short-form, as well as sports-themed programming developed with ESPN. In the U.S., Disney XD is seen on a 24-hour, advertiser supported network that reaches over 78 million households via its basic cable and satellite affiliates. For more information, visit Disney XD | Games, videos, and TV episodes | Disney.

Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit Marvel.com: The Official Site | Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, Wolverine and the heroes of the Marvel Universe.Comics, News, Movies and Video Games | Marvel.com.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
REMINDER: Tomorrow morning at 10am GREEN LANTERN and YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION return!!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Ron Perlman is voicing Sinestro in GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Second Season Trailer, which starts next Monday, (7pm, I think) with two eps back to back, then moves to its regular Sunday slot the week after.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks