What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

K Street (1 Viewer)

Eric R C

Agent
Has anyone caught K Street. I was a little confused at 1st. I didn't know if this was going to be a documentary or a Drama. Apparently is was a Docudrama?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
The consulting firm is fake, but they're trying to use real politicians to get a sense of reality. I guess it's not generating a lot of interest, based on the lack of discussion here. I think there's a lot of potential for the show, but I get the impression the first one is going to get criticised as a campaign commercial for Howard Dean.

Eric R C

Agent
Ahhhh Now I see. I assumed the firm was fake, but i thought the coaching session was real.

BTW howdy neighbor! I work in Clearwater.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The coaching session was real enough for Dean. He's been catching flak for using two lines from the show (one about Vermont, African Americans and Trent Lott, I forget the other) on the real campaign trail. Both lines were "given" to him in the coaching session by James Carville.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Being a Washington-area resident, and my family who's worked in politics for several generations, I have to say I liked this show. It had no discernable beginning or end, which sums up the political process pretty well :). The familiar territory makes me swell up with pride. Unfortunately, I had heard this was in HD, and was proven wrong.

The coaching session was real enough for Dean. He's been catching flak for using two lines from the show (one about Vermont, African Americans and Trent Lott, I forget the other) on the real campaign trail. Both lines were "given" to him in the coaching session by James Carville.
Let me just say that any politician that criticizes another for getting campaign advice, be it commercial or otherwise, is on shaky ground. They all have to do it. So what if Dean used the line from Carville, and it was also in the show? It was pretty funny, and he's getting free press. The others are just jealous, seeing as how they're not getting face time.

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
I too found myself pretty confused about where the line between reality and fiction ran with this show. Still, I found it interesting enough to tune in next week.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I watched and enjoyed it enough to watch again—I do think that it helps to be a bit of a political junkie, as lots of things are not explained—they just happen.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'd consider myself a bit of a "political junkie" but I tried to watch this show and gave up after 5 minutes. It seemed like bad actors trying to impersonate themselves.

I'm gonna try it one more time when it's rerun though.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
i thought the coaching session was real.
I'm thinking it was. If Dean contacted Carville about a coaching session, that gave Soderbergh an excellent hook for their first episode. The blurring of the fiction and reality seems somewhat dangerous, though. But hell, I'm of the opinion that the state of politics needs to be shaken up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks