K Street

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Eric R C, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Eric R C

Eric R C Agent

Has anyone caught K Street. I was a little confused at 1st. I didn't know if this was going to be a documentary or a Drama. Apparently is was a Docudrama?

2. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

The consulting firm is fake, but they're trying to use real politicians to get a sense of reality. I guess it's not generating a lot of interest, based on the lack of discussion here. I think there's a lot of potential for the show, but I get the impression the first one is going to get criticised as a campaign commercial for Howard Dean.

3. Eric R C

Eric R C Agent

Ahhhh Now I see. I assumed the firm was fake, but i thought the coaching session was real.

BTW howdy neighbor! I work in Clearwater.

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

The coaching session was real enough for Dean. He's been catching flak for using two lines from the show (one about Vermont, African Americans and Trent Lott, I forget the other) on the real campaign trail. Both lines were "given" to him in the coaching session by James Carville.

5. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Being a Washington-area resident, and my family who's worked in politics for several generations, I have to say I liked this show. It had no discernable beginning or end, which sums up the political process pretty well [​IMG]. The familiar territory makes me swell up with pride. Unfortunately, I had heard this was in HD, and was proven wrong.

6. Eric Meske

Eric Meske Stunt Coordinator

I too found myself pretty confused about where the line between reality and fiction ran with this show. Still, I found it interesting enough to tune in next week.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Did anyone else find Francisco to be a little creepy, slick, and sociopathic?

8. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

My wife and I watched and enjoyed it enough to watch again—I do think that it helps to be a bit of a political junkie, as lots of things are not explained—they just happen.

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I'd consider myself a bit of a "political junkie" but I tried to watch this show and gave up after 5 minutes. It seemed like bad actors trying to impersonate themselves.

I'm gonna try it one more time when it's rerun though.

10. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

The Francisco character will definitely be interesting. Creepy and sociopathic? Yes, please! [​IMG]

11. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter