What's new

JVC RX-DP10VBK THX Ultra Receiver (1 Viewer)

Chris Loker

Auditioning
No one in my area carries this receiver. I am probably going to order this but wanted to know if anyone has seen or has this receiver and your impressions.

I have a JVC 200-disc changer and I have been pretty stuck with JVC's inferior receiver quality in order to get the On-Screen display for the changer. I currently have the RX-888.

I'm hoping this receiver will hold it's own in sound quality with the other high end competitors.

Steven Tyner

Auditioning
Chris, I was a die hard JVC guy(rec,dvd,cd,vcr,tape) until I tried other equipment.I owned the 1024bk receiver and loved it,but it had no DTS,so I tried a Onkyo 797 because I got a good deal on it and WOW!!.You will not believe how much better it sounds compared to the JVC.I'm sure the RX-DP10VBK sounds great but its missing a few things like Pro Logic II.Your on screen display should work with other receivers.If not you can buy a 797 and a new mega changer for less than the JVC.

I hope this helps Steven.

NickB

Grip
If you don't need Dolby ProLogicII then buy the RX-DP10VBK and be content that you have a flagship piece that can match the performance of the big Onkyo, Denon, and HK flagships. Yes, it is that good!

NickB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks