What's new

Justice League & Batman Beyond (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Insert the second disc from the DVD set and on the Main Menu select the entry 'Special Features.' On the following menu screen highlight the entry 'Music Of The Knight' and then press the 'Right' arrow key on your remote control to highlight Mr. Freeze's eyes. Press the 'Enter' key now and you will get to see a clip in which Bruce Timm, one of the show's creators, introduces a music demo reel for the Batman Beyond theme.

Brian-C

Grip
I have JL questions. Just a verification. I viewed the world's finest website.

So, was there only 2 seasons of Justice League, and then they started with Unlimited? How many season of Unlimited are there, only 3? Does the series continue on TV, or are all the seasons over? I haven't been watching TV at all, so I wouldn't know, I just watch TV through DVDs.

So another verification set of questions. The first Justice League season occurs after the 3rd season of Superman :TAS? And "When Brainiac Attacks" occurs inbetween Superman:TAS season 3 and JL season 1? just curious.

I missed Superman TAS season 1, but have season 2 and 3, so I guess I need to buy season 1 online, because I can never find it at any of the Walmarts and Best Buys and Suncoasts that I shop at.

Real Name
Germán Ramirez
2 seasons of Justice League and 3 seasons of Justice League Unlimited. The series ended recently.

JL takes place after the last seasons of Superman and Batman. Superman, Batman, JL, and JLU among other animated series are all part of the DC Animated Universe continuity.

'When Brainiac Attacks' is not continuity in the DCAU.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

The 2 seasons of JL had 26 episodes each (mostly 13 two-part episodes), while JLU had 3 seasons of 13 episodes. So, 52 total episodes of JL and 39 of JLU. It's finale was in May.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

My understanding from the WB chat a few weeks back is that we will see more "classic" superfriends shows next year. I think The Legendary Super Powers Team was mentioned specifically.

I also believe JLU S1/JL S3 is coming in the fourth quarter, if I read the WB merchandising stuff right.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Damn. I really don't want to pick up JL S2 because it is 4:3 letterbox, but it looks like I'll end up doing so.

Anyone buy it and zoom it to a full 16:9 display?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I went against my principles and bit the bullet and bought it figuring we aren't going to get any other release of it until HD. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad zoomed in on a Widescreen TV. I was expecting worse and found the quality to still be on par with Season 1 even zoomed in. Its just frustrating to know that it could have looked that much better with an Anamorphic transfer.

Daniel-M

Second Unit
i see they have details fr BB Season 2 and JLU on tvshowsondvd.com. it actually looks like WB is going to release 2 seasons of this show in one package.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This release doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

JLU 1-3 each have 13 episodes. Why have two releases (26 and 13 episodes) when you can have three sets at lower price points?

However, I am happy we'll be finishing up this series by early next year at the latest. Bring on more classic Superfriends!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, strange that JLU seasons 1 and 2 are being put together, but I'm all for it if it means we get them now instead of later. The 2nd season of JLU was the best and I'm glad its coming this year. Also glad this will be four discs like the pervious JL releases, and not the 2 discs in the Animated Superman series (I always found it strange that one disc was double-sided and one was single).

Of course, all of this means that JLU season 3 will be half the size.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I'm curious why people think that Justice League season 3 (JLU S1) only has 13 episodes? Is it because the various online EP guide sites list it that way? The final episode of season 1 aired on Jan 29, and the first episode of season 2 aired on Feb 5 - a week later. That sure looks like it's part of the same season to me.

Gord

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Looking over the episode guide I'm shocked by how many JLU episodes I have never seen.

Thanks to CN for never rerunning these once they've aired. At least I'll see a lot of new episodes in the box set.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
IIRC, all the news from back in late '03 and early '04 referred to the first 26 episodes of JLU as two seasons of 13 episodes. I believe they were made as part of one big order with two smaller broadcast seasons in mind. I think Bruce Timm even referred to The Once and Future King as the first season finale. Cartoon Network also held back Starcrossed (the JL season two finale) until the next season was almost upon us.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Taken from ToonNews...

Cartoon Network said that Justice League Unlimited would debut its new season on Saturday, February 5, at 8:30pm (ET/PT). Upcoming stories will feature Black Canary, Shayera, Vigilante, Vixen and The Question battling such villains as Lex Luthor, Felix Faust and Tobias Whale. Superman will also take on Cadmus in a battle that will determine the future of the League.

[Source: Cartoon Network]

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=131139

This airdate corresponds with The Cat and the Canary which is episode 14 in this set which means the previous 13 episodes was a season.

Cartoon Network considers 13 episodes, regardless if there is a break or not on most shows, a season.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks