What's new

Just watched a really strange movie. "Buffalo '66" (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Talk about a weird movie and some weird acting/directing styles

overall I enjoyed this movie. Was it under the radar in 1998, or was it a hit?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Hey, I thought she was a couple of the best things about this film. ;)

Hey, I give props to anyone who is able to use King Crimson and Yes in a film soundtrack....

Jason

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
under the radar, but a phenomenal film nonetheless. very praised by those who really care about movies.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I saw the last half or so and enjoyed it. It reminded me of early Scorcese, along the lines of Who's That Knocking At My Door. It could mainly be the low budget and the location shooting, but it's always fun to run across these kinds of films.

Loved the soundtrack. Heart of the Sunrise sounded all kinds of good in that club scene.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I lost total respect for the director for the scene where he gets ogled in the lavatory. I saw no reason for that being in there other than narcisstic self-indulgence. Or am I just missing some kind of obtuse, ironic sense of humor? When I heard about Brown Bunny it only confirmed my opinion of Gallo.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Very fine romantic comedy, like others said, anyone who uses King Crimson and Yes on their soundtrack is aces in my book.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I know people who both love and hate this film.

I for one loved it, especially the scenes with his family ,which were largely autobiographical (and which pretty much explains why Gallo is the way he is in real life). An original, offbeat and audacious film that doesn't suck up to the audience which is why it produces such strong reactions both ways.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

That's really the only thing I like about the movie. I'm one of those guys who think Ricci is just the most adorable thing in the world, and this was before she lost all the weight (bad move, girl!) and her tapping to Moonchild was cool. Of course, I would have liked to see her dance to that quiet, weird free-form part of the song, too.

I read Gallo's "review" of a recent Crimson album and it made me laugh- it was just all about how he hitchhiked aroudn the country carrying records and that new Crim wasn't important because it didn't make him do that. Or some crap like that. The man is often full of it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I think that's part of his appeal, tho. The guy is egotistical SOB in his own world, but that's what makes him interesting.

While I wouldn't say "Buffalo '66" is the greatest movie in the world, I certainly didn't think I was wasting my time with it.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks