Just saying Hi

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jeff_Brown, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Jeff_Brown

Jeff_Brown Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I just signed up yesterday and this looks like a great place to learn plenty about home theaters.

Right now I have kind of a hybrid system running through my computer as the hub. I am using a soundblaster Audigy NX2 24bit HD sound card to a 5.1 system, and a panasonic PTL500-U projector(1280x720).

My roommate and friends love it, but I see faults here and there that Id love to be able to iron out, and this looks like the place to be to do it!

Is anyone here running their system through their computer? It would be great to discuss some things associated with that with someone.

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi jeff -

welcome to htf. this is a great place, with lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks runnin' around.

for htpc questions, we have a dedicated forum just for that.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...13&daysprune=1

also, if you do a search on "htpc", you'll find plenty of hits - that will definitely keep you busy for a while.

other than that, feel free to post your questions...i guarantee you someone will chime in.

enjoy!

3. JeffLambas

JeffLambas Extra

welcome dude. I am trying to link my PC and HT wirelessly which is a huge challenge....good luck

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I'm cantankerous.

5. Steve F M

Steve F M Screenwriter

Using the same projector as you are with a HTPC. What type of video Card are you using. The Panny is a great Projector especially for the price.