What's new

Just saw Freddy got fingered.... what in the world... (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I mean, what was the POINT of this movie? It made absolutly no sense even for a STUPID movie........

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
I'm sorry...but I kinda liked the silliness and stupidity of this film. Of course most gags were over the top.. (the beating of the crippled girls legs.. the umbilical chord cut) but Rip Torn really did amuse me....(along with the skating ramp accident and that poor child from accross the street)...

I think Tom Green is hillarious, but that movie is terrible. It's disgusting and unfunny, i can't believe someone actually made that into a movie.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Agree with Anthony there. Not exactly sophisticated humour, but it was quite amusing nonetheless... at least i found myself laughing at the stupidity, unlike several other so-called 'comedies' out there.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Freddy Got Fingered is a very bad movie, but is bad enough to be surreal.

Tom Green obviously made the film to get reactions (I really think he is capable of true comedy), and he did it.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Then again, it's quite possible that he simply assembled a string of over-the-top vulgarities and called it a "comedy" in the hopes of making a quick buck. Sorry to be so cynical, but why make excuses for crap? :thumbsdown:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would just LOVE to give Freddy the finger! What a putrid mess of a movie that was. It makes Dude, where's my car? look like 2001: A Space Odyssey for Lord's sake! :eek:
That one scene almost made me want to vomit! It's the scene where...Freddy whacked off that elephant and sprayed seman like a fire hose all over Rip Torn.
Do we still have the puke smiley? I really need to put it at the end of my post, like, 500 times! :frowning:

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I tried watching it, got the the horse scene, started skipping chapters hoping things would improve. Marissa Coughlan is usually adorable, but not in this movie.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Tom Green is not funny at all, He sucks, Charlies Angels, WTF was that Chad!!!! Then we got Freddy got fingered, which there is no point, WTF was he doing with his clothes backward and going up to the mirror and back, Actually the only funny part was the Comic Director, He was funny, He told tom green, PUT THE GUN IN YOUR MOUTH AND BLOW YOU BRAINS OUT, could not be the farthest thing in my mind at the theater. Also the new comedy even worse with him. Looks like Tom green is trying to beat a record by appearing in most sucky movies of this decade.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
From the 22nd Razzies Awards.

And the big "Winner" (If That's The Right Word) is MTV Host Tom Green and his widely reviled "shock comedy" FREDDY GOT FINGERED. The film, slammed by CNN as "the worst movie ever released by a major studio in Hollywood history," won a total of 5 gold-spray-painted $4.79 trophies, including Worst Picture. Four Awards went to Green himself, expected to be the first onscreen talent in The Annual Derby of Dis-Honor's 22 year history to attend and accept his Awards in person. Green was cited as 2001's Worst Actor, Worst Director, co-author (with Derek Harvie) of the year's Worst Screenplay and as Worst Screen Couple (Green and "Any Animal He Abuses").
Now you know where both the movie and Tom Green stand. As for Rip Torn, I have no idea why a great actor like him ever agreed to be part of such a turkey. Did he even know who Tom Green was?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The laugh track on the DVD makes the film watchable.

Yes, the film is god-awful, but I will admit this. I couldn't stop laughing at the scene where Tom Green's character takes the phone from home and tries to pass it off as a cell phone.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I just saw Tom Green in an interview. She spoke about this movie briefly, said he wrote the screenplay "first one I ever wrote.... can't you tell?" Then he says, he tried to just push the envelope by doing horribly gross things and he was pretty certain NO studio would let him do the things, but they did. I think he was just trying to make a point, he didn't even think the movie was going to be made!

Keir H

Second Unit
Gawd Awful is correct! Terrible acting too! I think it was Drew Barrymore's worse..are they still together these two?! What a unlikely couple! :D His show, I admit is pretty funny at times..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks