Just saw Freddy got fingered.... what in the world...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd stone, Dec 27, 2002.

1. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

I mean, what was the POINT of this movie? It made absolutly no sense even for a STUPID movie........

2. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    You expect a movie called "Freddy Got Fingered" to have a point? [​IMG]

4. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Stunt Coordinator

Anthony
    I'm sorry...but I kinda liked the silliness and stupidity of this film. Of course most gags were over the top.. (the beating of the crippled girls legs.. the umbilical chord cut) but Rip Torn really did amuse me....(along with the skating ramp accident and that poor child from accross the street)...

5. Ryan Satriani

I think Tom Green is hillarious, but that movie is terrible. It's disgusting and unfunny, i can't believe someone actually made that into a movie.

6. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

Agree with Anthony there. Not exactly sophisticated humour, but it was quite amusing nonetheless... at least i found myself laughing at the stupidity, unlike several other so-called 'comedies' out there.

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Freddy Got Fingered is a very bad movie, but is bad enough to be surreal.

Tom Green obviously made the film to get reactions (I really think he is capable of true comedy), and he did it.

8. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Then again, it's quite possible that he simply assembled a string of over-the-top vulgarities and called it a "comedy" in the hopes of making a quick buck. Sorry to be so cynical, but why make excuses for crap? [​IMG]

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Daddy would you like some sausage?[​IMG]
    PS: Horribly stupid movie.

10. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I would just LOVE to give Freddy the finger! What a putrid mess of a movie that was. It makes Dude, where's my car? look like 2001: A Space Odyssey for Lord's sake! [​IMG]
    That one scene almost made me want to vomit! It's the scene where...Freddy whacked off that elephant and sprayed seman like a fire hose all over Rip Torn.
    Do we still have the puke smiley? I really need to put it at the end of my post, like, 500 times! [​IMG]

11. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

I tried watching it, got the the horse scene, started skipping chapters hoping things would improve. Marissa Coughlan is usually adorable, but not in this movie.

12. MarcinL

MarcinL Stunt Coordinator

Tom Green is not funny at all, He sucks, Charlies Angels, WTF was that Chad!!!! Then we got Freddy got fingered, which there is no point, WTF was he doing with his clothes backward and going up to the mirror and back, Actually the only funny part was the Comic Director, He was funny, He told tom green, PUT THE GUN IN YOUR MOUTH AND BLOW YOU BRAINS OUT, could not be the farthest thing in my mind at the theater. Also the new comedy even worse with him. Looks like Tom green is trying to beat a record by appearing in most sucky movies of this decade.

13. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

14. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    From the 22nd Razzies Awards.

15. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

The laugh track on the DVD makes the film watchable.

Yes, the film is god-awful, but I will admit this. I couldn't stop laughing at the scene where Tom Green's character takes the phone from home and tries to pass it off as a cell phone.

16. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

I just saw Tom Green in an interview. She spoke about this movie briefly, said he wrote the screenplay "first one I ever wrote.... can't you tell?" Then he says, he tried to just push the envelope by doing horribly gross things and he was pretty certain NO studio would let him do the things, but they did. I think he was just trying to make a point, he didn't even think the movie was going to be made!

17. Keir H

Keir H Second Unit

Gawd Awful is correct! Terrible acting too! I think it was Drew Barrymore's worse..are they still together these two?! What a unlikely couple! [​IMG] His show, I admit is pretty funny at times..