What's new

Just got HD..bad cables..is DVI Better? (1 Viewer)

Tario

Auditioning
Hi guys,
I just got my HDTV terminal from local cable company..it's worlds better than basic service..but I do see the 'digital' effect a little too much on certain channels..
Not many are in HD as of yet..but the ones that are, the pic is very good..but the unit came with flimsy comp. wires that aren't worth anything..
I'm thinking of upgrading the connection to the DVI cable. Would this give a major improvement over the cheap composite cables...
The set is a Toshiba 46" HD set...

Thanks...

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah, no question about it.

Um, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but with composite cables he's not really even looking at HDTV, is he? Wouldn't he be limited to 480i resolution?

But you said "cables", so I'm wondering if you actually meant "component" rather than "composite". If that's the case then there may be something wrong with your set or service, because component cables should give you a pristine image. DVI/HDMI is really only a hair better.

Tario

Auditioning
Sorry I mean component..what it composite again?

The image is VERY good..I can always just adjust my contrast and colour..BUT I must say that that digital look is pretty prominent on some channels..colour is SUPER RICH..it's the clarity that is not such..again just on some channels..
Then again I have never seen my televisons' image look so alive..I think I'm just being a little difficult..

I do see some banding lines though,looks like vertical lines..don

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
cross posting again...

thanks for clarifying the component/composite.

Get some decent video cables, radio shack is fine, shouldn't be more than 20 bucks or so.

then that clearly indicates it's the channel or reception, etc, and not anything in your system that is per se at fault. If some HD channels look fine, then you're good.

Tario

Auditioning
ok thanks..ya sorry for that cross post..I hadn't visited the site in a while,,,posted first mess. in wrong room..
it's ok...it has been passed as a crime yet...;)

and thanks for the helpful response

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks