What's new

Need some pro help here... Connecting Vid Card to SD TV (Component) (1 Viewer)

Mightymilk

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Mundt
I took my old P4 and turned it into a HTPC. It's got a Radeon x850 XT which although outdated should be plenty powerful enough for 1080p Blu-ray content. It came with a component video adapter that plugs into an odd looking port (round port looks similar to an s-video port). I'm running into nothing but issues... either the cable is broken or the connector is bad, because fiddling with it makes it go from Black and White to flashing shades of Green. Cannot not get it to just display normal color on the TV. I've tried re-seating the card, it doesn't help. Checked all the connectors still get either Black and White or Greenish tint that flickers.

I was going to make it easy on myself and just buy a DVI-Component adapter... but every one I look at on Amazon has horrible reviews saying they don't work and to avoid them. Even though I'm on a SDTV, I'd like to stick with component to get the best possible colors... that's the best connection the TV offers anyway. I know I'm going to have to rip my Blu-rays to the HDD with DVDFab, because when it goes from DVI to Component it will be non-HDCP. I'm just looking for the simpliest way to get this card to work... but still maintain the best picture.

Please help, I'd like to get one today... it's killing me that I just took the time to install Windows 7 and throw all this hardware in a case, and I can't even get the display working properly.

TV is one of those 27" Sony Wega CRT's SDTV's. Component is the best connection it offers, and it does have the 16:9 enhanced mode. From what i've seen HD content still looks better than DVD regardless of if you're on a HDTV or SDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks