What's new

just call me "stinky" (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I had my old iron bathtub reglazed this morning.

Guy shows up, tapes off the tub, sandblasts it, then sprays a wicked awful smelling porcelain chemical paint with an air brush type thing. I've had this done before in other properties, and it always looks great, dries in 4 hours, renews the tub completely. TODAY, the guy effed up. The job is garbage. The porcelain seems not to have covered the tub completely. The spray job is shoddy, with drips and bubbles. I had to call them back (always the complainer) and schedule for the guy to come back ASAP to fix it. So, now, not only do I have to wait till Friday to take a shower, but the guy will come back, be pissed off, and screw up my whole bathroom forever.

To get out of the house while the chemical smell dissipated, I rode my bike six miles to run some errands. I returned all stinky and sweaty, counting on having a shower this evening. Oh well. Oh well for everyone around me, I mean.

How come they screw up my personal job? How come it's always like this? How come people can't do the thing right the first damned time? How come?

MC

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
oh c'mon man, you HAVE to take a shower. Sneak into a room at the Super 8 when the maids are doing their thing, take a shower, and act all surprised when they go in the bathroom.

This is usually a case of "you get what you pay for" but I'm not accusing you of being a cheapy, sounds like the guy just had a ton of jobs to do that day and was trying to rush it. Sorry bout your tub. :frowning:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
just curious, how much did it cost you to get that done? we have an old 1780s cape that we just finished completely restoring (for sale, anyone need a 3 bedroom house within walking distance to downtown plymouth and the rock?:)) and it had an old iron clawfoot tub in it, we are either looking to have it refinished or sell it to someone who refinishes them.

CJ

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Well, I didn't get what I paid for this time, darn it. It costs about $400 to do this, which is much less expensive than "Bath Fitters," which I don't like at all. And usually, this is pretty great. It re-enamels a tub, and it comes out with a smooth and porcelin-like finish that lasts for years. This time, tho, because it's me, I guess, it didn't work the first time.

If I had a claw foot, I would get it redone and keep it. It's worth the cost to keep a great old tub in the house.

I'm confident that mine will be fixed tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I am like a fine cheese at this point: sort of pungent, but still sweet.

MC

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Sounds to me like you are using this problem as an excuse for not showering. You have a hose out back don't you? Well?;)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Of course it's an excuse not to shower! I love being stinky! Keeps the rabble away from me. Makes me feel like a college student. I walk around downtown, scratching my flaking, greasy scalp and shouting, "SNAKES! THERE ARE SNAKES ON ME!"

Keeps the rabble away from me. (And I make money, too!)

It's about to storm here in Baltimore. Big rain. I'm thinking of being Jeremiah Johnson and just standing out in my back yard with a bar of soap and washing myself in the rain.

MC

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well, it's been taken out of the bathroom, it's in the basement now, so it wont be going back in the house. we originally intended for the house to operate as a bed and breakfast, but have now decided to sell it. we figured people wouldn't have much use for a bathtub, even with a shower attachment, so we put in a shower stall. it's basically the only "modernization" we did. the tub seems to be in great condition, but needs a little help to look great again.

CJ

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Put out back and plant stuff in it.

Use it to decompose your bodies a la "Buffalo Bill."

Cut it up and sell it for scrap.

Have a yard sale and sell it to some deluded yuppie.

:D

MC

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Speaking of reusing bathroom fixtures.. I walked past a house up near Woodbury, NY that had old toilets being used as plant fixtures. They had a short brick facade on each side of the driveway leading to the house and in front of each facade, there was a john, sans toilet seat and cover that had plants coming from it. I took a picture of it and might have one at home somewhere...

Jay

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You could have done what i've done a couple of times when I don't have the time to shower, just grab a wash cloth and a towel and quickly wash up using the sink, washing just the key areas, butt, penis, under arms, neck and teeth.

Alright, that's all from me on this, I feel creepy enough as it is telling another dude how to wash himself. :D

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I'm ashamed that my thread now contains the word "penis," but I guess that's the roll of the dice, no?

The guy just showed up and re-re-glazed the tub. So I'm dying of porcelin spray fumes and I gotta get outa here pronto. But the job he did this time looks okay. We won't know till later this afternoon, tho. (The previous attempt to do it right the first time looked fine while it was wet.)

Is the second time a charm?

By the way, at this point I'm well past the realm of cheese stink and into the actual living-on-the-street Aqualung-esque pong. I am positronically pongy.

Don't stand too close.

MC

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I just had my septic tank pumped this morning, or was that you walking by my house :D

Good luck with the hand-wash...err....

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright, alright, i'm sorry I said 'penis', but I was serious, if you can't shower, just wash up, and no, not in the order that I listed LOL.

You guy's are too sensitive. ;)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
John -> :eek:

Strong odor from Micah
Until the tub is dry
Strong words from his neighbors
The odor makes them cry
It's no use, tub's still wet
The funk is growing strong
A clothespin on his nose
Until the funk is gone

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks