What's new

Just about to get Tosh 50HX81 - Any final warnings? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I'm taking the plunge this week, and I'm ordering a Toshiba 50HX81. Everything I've read up to this point has been positive. Anything negative I should know about before I sign on the dotted line?
I feel like I'm getting married or something. :P
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
This should be called 'Just about to get Tosh 50HX81 - Speak now or forever hold your peace'
laugh.gif
oh man im tired...
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,
Do you mind saying where you're buying this set and the price you're paying? I'm looking to get one too, and any info. on what prices others are finding would be much appreciated. I'd like to make a purchase like this locally, but might reconsider if there's a significant (20% or so) savings on-line....
-Neil

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm buying locally for about $2599. I know there are better deals online, but I don't want the hassle. I'd rather get the service from my local merchant.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Good for you, Dave. My 'local' merchant told me that I had to go down to the store to buy it. I couldn't buy it over the phone with my debit card. Idiots.
Glenn

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Dave - i strongly advise you to buy a 57h81 from OneCall instead. The price is about the same, and the tv is much larger. And i've never had a problem getting service or anything else from or through them, they are an authorized tosh dealer.
Don't let the internet scare you into spending hundreds more than you have to...
------------------
History can be cruel in its brevity of words

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I really like the merchant I'm shopping with. This will be the second HDTV my family has purchased from them. With the first, we had what I thought was a minor problem, and they came out that week took out the old tv & replaced with a new one, without any prompting or pushing. Great service. :)
Thanks for the suggestion though.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
steve jaros -
it sounds like you had a good experience with onecall. was shipping a rptv to your house a concern? we're you worried that it would get whacked in shipping? how did you get it in the door?
i'm also considering using them and was just curious...
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks