What's new

Jurassic Park III Announced (1 Viewer)

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Here is a quote from our friends at dvdfile.com :
Just announced from Universal for a 12/11 release for the summer hit Jurassic Park III. In addition to a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround tracks, the disc looks quite feature loaded, with an audio commentary with director Joe Johnston, an onset making of featurette, additional features on "The New Dinosaurs of "Jurassic Park III," "A Tour of Stan Winston's Studio," "Visit to ILM; Dinosaur turntables," a behind-the-scenes montage, and galleries including storyboard sequences, the "Jurassic Park III Archives," and "Finding new dinosaurs," as well as theatrical trailers. Retail is $26.95, and there will also be a separate pan & scan version released with the same features and retail price. Universal will also release The Jurassic Park Trilogy, a set with the widescreen and Dolby Digital versions of all three films for $76.95.
END QUOTE
This looks to be a very nice disc indeed.
But on the other hand Universal is offering a new box-set
for all three movies.
This sound like a new money-maker for Universal, to bad.
Universal has however put the DTS-track on the same disc
this time with the Dolby Digital track.
Other than that I will be buying it.
Wow my wallet is getting hurt more by the day
laugh.gif

------------------
There is another world....The DVD WORLD !!

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Wait! Where's the Ultimate Editions of Jurassic Park and Lost World? Oh, they're coming NEXT year, aaahhhh
wink.gif

John Torrez

Second Unit
Glad I hesitated to get the first two JP movies on dvd. I will be picking up the trilogy set on the 11th, thanks Universal! :)
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Luis A

Second Unit
I'm very excited that there will be a DTS track.Does anyone know if it was released in EX/ES in theaters?
:) L

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
I hope that the supplements do not eat up too much bandwidth as was the case with the original JP and LW DVDs.
I want a transfer on par with Universal's recent 'Josie and the Pussycats' which is absolutely reference quality video.
Cross your fingers :)

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I speculate that the DTS will be different(but more true to theatrical form) from the DD because the DD will be compromised for down-mixing. Or Universal will really screw it up and use the same compromised master for the DTS track as well.
Oops...can someone help me with these worms???
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I too also held off buying JP 1 and 2, and I was worried about getting JP3 because I knew they were going to release a boxset.
Well as you know a Boxset is being released and it is the smartest thing Universal have done, At least we know where we stand.
Thank you Universal
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think Jurassic park should have looked better than it did. Lost World definitely looked better.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
If Universal had a heart, they'd allow those of us who bought the two-pack already to do a trade-in for the new box that holds all three movies. Wouldn't be all that difficult; just have customers send in a receipt proving they'd purchased the third movie, along with a piece of the two-pack box and two or three bucks for shipping. It'd be a nice gesture, anyway, seeing as they've already released the two-pack twice in the past year or so.

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
Glad I didn't buy 1 & 2 yet, though it probably had just as much to do with all the confusion about which version was the best as it did with the thought that they would probably do a box set after 3 was released. Hopefully the versions in the box set will be nice. I am anxious to watch these with my new HT set up in tact!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Is there any confirmation of a boxset featuring JP and TLW in DTS sound??? If not, I'll just take the third one since it has both DD and DTS.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
William,
As far as I have heard the set will be presented in Dolby
Digital with the exception of Part 3 which has dual surround sounds DD/DTS.
------------------
There is another world....The DVD WORLD !!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
This has got to have a DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 track on it! Yes, it was EX/ES in the theater.
Gotta have some good news after this week!
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks