What's new

Jurassic Park DTS: A Favor Please... (1 Viewer)

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
A budding new Home Theater Nut, and a very good friend of mine, just bought himself a cool new Sony Multi-Channel Receiver and a shiny new 57" Sony 16:9 Television. He's become very serious about his hobby and really likes DTS too!

He ordered the DTS version of Jurassic Park and of course, got the old, non-corrected version with the incorrect LFE track. Do any of you know if he can still contact Universal to do the trade, and if so...the number he can call? I'm not sure if this is still possible but if so, it's a sure way he can get the CORRECT version.

Thanks for the help guys!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Paul,

They are still doing the exchange. I exchanged mine back in April.

Here is the address:

Universal Home Video
c/o Jurassic Park Exchange Program
P.O. Box 224468
Dallas, TX 75260

Just send the disc, not the case.

Its about a 2 week turn around. Sent mine in on April 24th. Had the new disc on May 7th.

Joe

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
They're pretty damn lenient about it too. A few months back, I told my dad to package the disc up and mail it back to get the corrected one (I was away at college). When I got home one weekend the new disc had arrived but my old disc was there as well still in its' case... When asked about it he had mistakingly mailed off a copy of the Jurassic Park cd soundtrack that I had burned the tracks off of Napster for about three and a half years ago... I had gotten a cd stamper program and stamped the Jurassic Park logo on it that I had gotten from a website. THEY REPLACED THAT DISC WITH THE CORRECTED DTS EDITION!!!!

Talk about being trusting....

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
I sent one out on the 17th and received the corrected version today, so they're still doing it :)
Best regards,
~~Nathan

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Just recently purchased the disc (came in yesterday the 23rd) and sent out for the replacement today. So hopefully will get the corrected version next week.

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, here's a stupid question. How can you tell if you have a version with the screwed up LFE track? I've listened to my JP DTS and I can't really tell, but maybe my ears aren't as tuned as most of yours (which is probably the case).

Can anybody point out any glaring examples so I can go home and check tonight?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You can do a search for the other threads to find out for sure, but if I remember correctly there are some code numbers printed in tiny letters around the hub of the DVD. "R1D1" is the bad version; "R1D2" is corrected (or something like that).

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Actually if I'm not mistaken, I believe the mispressed version is labeled "D2R1" The corrected pressing is "D2R2", as in Artoo's redheaded stepbrother. :)

I was about to order this disc, and I'm surprised to hear people are still getting the older version. Can anyone recommend a retailer (online or otherwise) that is stocking the new version?

-Jason

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Without looking at the print on the DVD, if the LFE is majorly lacking, you have the bad disc. If it is very loud in the LFE, then you have the good one.

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question that I believe has been brought up before, but I didn't see a clear answer to it.

My copy of Jurassic Park DTS has "02" on one side of the ring, and "22" on the other. The DVD came in the older case.

Anyone know for sure if this version of the disc has the newer DTS track?

greg_t

Screenwriter
If it has the red technical grid on the back of the case it's a new pressing. The one's with the black technical grid used the D2R1 (old) and D2R2 (repress) designations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks