What's new

"Jurassic Lunch" test CD? Where to get it? (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I Googled on "Jurassic Lunch" and got a ton of links to purchase high quality lunchboxes and thermos kits. :rolleyes

Where to find this CD? I hear lots of folks talking about it being a great CD for sub testing/demoing.

Thanks.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Ahhhhh, that explains a lot. Like, why I couldn't find it. :b

Is there a non-embarassing way to say "Duh, I'm an idiot?" :D

Thanks guys. :)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Be very careful with that track as it contains some very loud 5 hz bass that has the potential to do a lot of damage to speakers if you're not responsible.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The "Jurrasic Lunch" track has frequencies down to 5Hz! There aren't any subs out there that can produce this?

Playing a ported sub below it's tuning frequency can toast the woofer quick.

I'd hate to fry my new PB2+ sub. How do you play such a track? :confused:

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
How do you play such a track? You don't. Your sub will try to play it, but you probably won't hear it.
Try getting a Bag End sub. They're "rated" down to 8hz. if you use the ELF module.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Hey, now that is too cool. :):emoji_thumbsup: Thanks, Bob.

So, I take it all the tracks on this CD are "specially mastered" or something so the CD can be used as a Demo-Type disc?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I bought The Great Fantasy Adventure Album CD.

I also bought The Big Picture CD (LINK)

It's got lots of soundtracks and effects as well. Should be a blast. Literally. :D

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Should I have purchased the DVD DTS version instead? I'm sure I could change my order...LMK!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
BOB

I just wanted to say that the Tone Generator program is the greatest thing since sliced bread! I've been looking for something like this for a long time!

Any tone. Sine, Saw, whatever. Even saves as a .wav file in a length determined by you! Awesome.

Making a CD with 120-second clips of 20Hz - 120Hz. Will go over well with the neighbors. :D

Side note: 10KHz thru the tiny speakers in the laptop is not a good idea. At all.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Side note: 10KHz thru the tiny speakers in the laptop is not a good idea. At all
he he

glad you are having fun with it.

Just make sure to label your CD so you know that Track 1 is X frequency, Track 2 is Y frequency, ...

To chart the room response, use octave frequencies (factors of 8). Let Track #1 be a LONG.. like 60 seconds .. track at something like 100 hz. This gives you time to adjust the main volume control to 80 db, adjust the SPL meter, etc.

Make track 2 ... 16 hz for about 4 seconds
Then make track 3 be 100 hz again for ... 10 seconds (so you have time to write down the SPL readings for 16 hz.

Make Track 4 ... 24 hz for 4 seconds

Alternate between low/high frequencies and keep all the tracks below 50 hz short so you reduce the chance of damage.

Look in the Speakers fourm for "House Curve" and you will see several members who did this to chart their room response and equalize their sub.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Bob. I'm learning a lot from this place...came here thinking I knew a bit, then find out I do....a real LITTLE bit. Hehehehe.

And here I thought I was pretty cool b/c I put my Radio Shack db meter on a tripod and my friends think I'm "such a scientist."

Wait till I pop this "room equalization" quest on them. :D

Off to make a label for the CD. Forgot to do that. :b :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks