What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Disney’s Jungle Cruise is a fun yet forgettable adventure yarn that makes good use of its three leads, Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, and Jesse Plemons.

Jungle Cruise (2021)

Released: 30 Jul 2021
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 127 min

Director: Jaume Collet-Serra
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez
Writer(s): Michael Green, Glenn Ficarra, John Requa

Plot: Based on Disneyland's theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles but with a supernatural element.

IMDB rating: 6.6
MetaScore: 50

Disc Information

Studio: Disney
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR...

Continue reading...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We just watched it on Disney + and thoroughly enjoyed it. Johnson and Blunt provide all the charisma and make the viewer (at least for me it did) over look how ludicrous the plot is. I think it borrows heavily from Brendan Fraser’s Mummy, which ain’t a bad thing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I liked it but thought there was ZERO chemistry between Blunt and Johnson.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ok, some of you enjoyed it, but beyond that, has this film any merit? I am guessing there was a 3D conversion of also, which we'll never see on physical media.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ok, some of you enjoyed it, but beyond that, has this film any merit? I am guessing there was a 3D conversion of also, which we'll never see on physical media.
Is it going to be nominated for best picture? No. But people enjoyed it and I think that has merit.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The 3D for of this movie was really good! I thought it was an entertaining popcorn flick. As usual with Disney movies of the last 15 years or so you can tell the spent a fortune on it—and much of that ended up on the screen.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to see a Disney blu-ray audio track that rates highly. They've put out so many underwhelming releases.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Caught part of it at a friend's place. The few scenes that I saw (like the boat headed for an imminent crash into protruding tree branches) just cries for a 3D release!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Caught part of it at a friend's place. The few scenes that I saw (like the boat headed for an imminent crash into protruding tree branches) just cries for a 3D release!

My grandson wanted to watch it yesterday on Disney Plus. There were many scenes have would have been pop-outs in 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks